Rocklin, CA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been trying to find like-minded mammas in Rocklin since the birth of my son almost 5 years ago. I've been attending a great playgroup in the Sacramento area and have met some wonderful women. However... I'm getting a bit tired of all the driving. I've pretty much given up on finding moms in my area... but thought I'd try this post.

My son is in a Waldorf preschool 3 days a week in Loomis. My 2.5 year old home-birthed daughter and I would love to find some like-minded moms to hang with at the park. She is breastfeeding and we are attachment parents.

Let me know if you live in the area and would like to hang. We'd love some company at the mostly empty parks.

Hoping to find a friend in town... (fingers crossed),
Bridgette
#2 of 8 Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 PM

moved to CA tribe.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#3 of 8 Old 10-11-2009, 02:58 AM

Hi, I'm an AP mom in Lincoln with a BFing 14 month old who attends a Waldorf nursery I am a working mom so I'm not really available for weekday play dates sadly. I am curious about the Waldorf Preschool in Loomis, I haven't heard of it and I hope in the next few years to be able to quit working and move to the foothills so I'd love to know of a preschool there. My email is ashleyhuney@gmail.com, thanks!
#4 of 8 Old 11-01-2009, 07:34 PM

i'm also in lincoln- with a 15 mo old and 3 1/2 year old- would love to hear about your preschool as well. Also, I had heard about (not gone personally) Me gusta baby in Auburn having free playgroups on thursdays and fridays- might be something to check out-
#5 of 8 Old 11-21-2009, 09:27 PM

a little further but nice group that meets in various areas, ROMP
ROMP_families@yahoo.com (yahoo group email)
#6 of 8 Old 11-25-2009, 12:04 AM
AJP

Sorry to say the ROMP group hasn't gotten together for a while. Quite a few of the members have moved, and the group gatherings haven't been happening.

There is no secret ingredient.
#7 of 8 Old 01-13-2010, 08:33 PM

My name is Deanna and I am a leader for Attachment Parenting Intl (www.attachmentparenting.org) and we are starting our meetings up again. I would love to chat and have a really strong group as I know there are so many AP families out there. Please email or call me for details or questions.

Also, we are so lucky that co-founder of API, Lysa Parker is coming to Sac. on 2/13 to do a book signing of her book, Attached At The Heart. Please contact me for more info and SPREAD THE WORD!

Thanks, Deanna Spangler
916-747-1180
signingspangler@yahoo.com
#8 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 02:34 PM

Hi Bridgette, 

I found this old post, and I was wondering how you're liking it in the Rocklin area? I'm from CA originally, but we've been living in MA for the last five years, and now we're looking to move back to CA. I haven't lived in that area in 20 years, though, so I'm wondering if there are like-minded mamas there. How's it going for you?

=) Tricia

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page