Pediatrician or Family doc in Bay Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all
Just moved back to Fremont after 11 years! Now I have a DD, DH and a quasi-crunchy lifestyle!
Can anyone recommend some practitioners out in my area who are open to non vaxing and alternative care??

Thanks!

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone know of any practitioners??

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Old 10-27-2009, 02:05 AM

Not sure in Fremont, but if you are willing to drive over to Palo Alto/Menlo Park area.... Some of the pediatricians at Palo Alto Medical Foundation are open to it - my son's doctor is there, and while he encourages vaccines, he won't kick you out of his practice if you don't do it. Some of the other doctors there are even more open to it, but were closed to new patients when I was choosing a doctor. Actually, PAMF may even have an office in Fremont. A number of my son's friends go to pediatricians at Menlo Medical Clinic in Menlo Park, and all of the kids I know who go there are selectively vaxed. There is also Sabina Sonneman and Elisa Song, both of whom are in Redwood City, I think, and are open to slow/no vax.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

I'm reviving this. Just wondering if anyone has recently found vaccine friendly docs lately, particularly one who is a part of the PPO networks. I thought I found one I liked in Mountain View. Turns out, she wasnt as nursing friendly as I thought. So much for that! She is even a lactation consultant.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:24 PM

dr Gerwein is fantastic. She's in Berkeley, but had other locations I think.

She is pro-vaccine, but VERY laid back and respectful. She has an amazing bedside manner (blows bubbles for the kids and has a magic wand.)

Pro-breast feeding and cosleeping.

Also she diagnosed my sons borderline severe anemia just by looking at him, I was impressed.

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

Old 12-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Dr Sara Dobbs at South East Bay Pediatric Medical Group in Fremont! On Mowry at Civic Center. I have seen one other doctor in the practice once and also had a good experience. Dr. Dobbs does have a western med slant (she is a medical doctor) but she has been incredibly positive about me taking alternative choices and she gives me a lot of good information and encourages me to make my own decisions. I've been quite happy with her.

Alternatively there is Dr. Steven Crook at Kaiser in Fremont. He is *incredibly* alternativ-vax schedule friendly. We are switching back to Kaiser as of next month and I'm happy to be returning to his care even though I will be sad to lose Dr. Dobbs. I have every intention of moving back and forth between the practices over the years as my husband has insurance changes for job reasons. They are both *excellent* doctors and I feel blessed to have them here in town.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

User Tag List