Kaiser Woodland Hills, anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone happen to use Kaiser Woodland Hills and have a ped they like? Preferably one who is non/delaying vax friendly?

~Heather

heather - wife to my wonderful husband , mama to Brenten William 12/29/06, and Devin Findley 10/20/09
#2 of 6 Old 01-17-2010, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

bump

Anyone?

heather - wife to my wonderful husband , mama to Brenten William 12/29/06, and Devin Findley 10/20/09
#3 of 6 Old 01-18-2010, 11:12 PM

We don't have Kaiser anymore, but when we did, we saw and really liked Dr. Patricia De La Riva in WH. We do not vaccinate, and she was accepting of our decisions. Although she did not agree, she was always very respectful.
#4 of 6 Old 11-12-2010, 08:52 AM

thankful this is here and bumping for anyone else who might have something to add!

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#5 of 6 Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Me too!

Still looking for a Ped we like. My youngest just turned one and we have NEVER met their actual doctor. The few times we have needed anything in the last year she's been "unavailable" or on vacation. We've had a few awful experience (Dr.Watson acting like he needed a hazmat suit and refusing to touch my son for a 6 month well baby due to no vax), and a couple good - Dr. Tran thus far has been kind and patient.

Tried  to switch to Tran and she is full. Sick of just having to randomly choose doctors, and really not wanting to stick with a Dr. who never seems to actually be there. angry.gif

#6 of 6 Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Well my dd goes to the Woodland Hills Kaiser for all of her specialty stuff.  But her actual doctor is Dr. Carrington (sp?) in Simi Valley.  I think he's a family doctor though and not a Pediatrician.  He's a really mellow guy and doesn't give us grief about not vaxing or anything like that.  I also like him because he'll pretty much give you anything that you ask for in terms of referals or meds to try, etc.  His nurse is really great and is amazing with kids. 

I also went to him briefly as a kid and he handled my Hep B stuff really well.  So if you can't find anyone in Woodland Hills, maybe it would be worth the drive to Simi.  Good luck. :)

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page