Nanny - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-25-2010, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are looking for any advice you might have on hiring a nanny.

We are looking for a nanny to work 2 Hr/day, 5 days/wk in the San Francisco East Bay area, from 6-8 am taking our child to school.
What is normal pay for this time of day and the short amount of time? What about insurance?

IS it acceptable to drug test the nanny?

(** I was at a park and definitely smelled the nanny using medicinal cannabis**) Just to add- I dont have anything against medical cannabis- except when its a child care provider and the parents don't know about it!

Any advice Mothering Mammas can provide, would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 09:31 PM

I was a nanny in southern Ca...LA area. The going rates there for someone that was going to stick around with the family, so not a babysitter, was anywhere from 10 (very low end) to 20 (very high end) an hour. At that rate the nanny was to be driving the little ones where they needed to be and be willing and able to do stuff with the kids...vs. just watching the child do a puzzle or eat a snack. I haven't heard of non-live in's getting any type of insurance. I also haven't heard of a nanny being drug tested but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. If I were to be hiring a nanny I'd prolly' drug test them.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

Old 03-26-2010, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your advice. Good luck in July.

User Tag List