Alameda County Mommas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 159 Old 06-23-2010, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fairyland got canceled, unfortunately. Rightkindofme hurt her foot, so all the walking wasn't going to work, and since it was just the two of us... I'm happy to do it next week instead, or we can plan it for later in the summer, it all works for me.

But honestly, it was probably a good thing, since Mr. Fuss-bucket didn't go down for his nap until almost 11.

As for CSAs - we use farmfreshtoyou.com They deliver to our door, and they're year-round. They have a box that is only their produce, or their other boxes are a mix of produce from (mostly) local farms. Between seasons you'll sometimes see Mexican bananas or mangoes, but even those are organic. If you'd like to sign up for them, let me know and I'll get you a referral slip.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#62 of 159 Old 06-23-2010, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ok, so the story on hurting my foot: I was sitting in a plastic lawn chair and I tried to scoot it over a bit. The thing wiggled in a way I wasn't expecting and it came down on my toe and ripped all the skin off. It's not seriously injured, but shoes are not my favorite thing today. I'll be perfectly fine by next week and hopefully I will feel less idiotic. I am awesome at hurting myself.

Uhm, so uhhh next week at 10 would be great. We can try for Fairy Land again (I am actually very interested in going) or we can go find another park.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#63 of 159 Old 06-25-2010, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
Ok, so the story on hurting my foot: I was sitting in a plastic lawn chair and I tried to scoot it over a bit. The thing wiggled in a way I wasn't expecting and it came down on my toe and ripped all the skin off. It's not seriously injured, but shoes are not my favorite thing today. I'll be perfectly fine by next week and hopefully I will feel less idiotic. I am awesome at hurting myself.

Uhm, so uhhh next week at 10 would be great. We can try for Fairy Land again (I am actually very interested in going) or we can go find another park.
Ouch!

So I've been trying to check out some other parks, but it has been hard between hosting the 8 people that have stayed with us in the past week!

So lets say Castro Valley next Wednesday at 10am. I love the fenced in aspect combined with the total toddler friendly equipment. Let me know if you'll be there, and I'll post it on the AP meet-up too!

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

#64 of 159 Old 06-25-2010, 11:41 PM

Hi, Goldingoddess-

As cristeen suggested, farmfreshtoyou is a good one. I've also used fully belly farm CSA.

I think you've already checked out castro valley health food store, which is called Health Unlimited. The one in san leandro is called Estudillo produce and deli. There is also a co-op store in Alameda that is good.

I don't know about fenced-in parks, but I will let you in on local "secret" spots. One is called seven hills park off of Mission & Appian. They have racing track theme going on, which is a lot of fun for kids who are into cars and stuff. Also, I really love this one garden that is part of Garin & Dry Creek Pioneer region parks. It's located at Mission and May Rd. It's really lovely and kind of secluded. They have chickens and picnic tables, and you can also go for a little hike through the trail on the side.
#65 of 159 Old 06-26-2010, 10:16 PM

I'd love some weekend get together, if anyone is up for that. I usually don't have time during weekdays due to employment and school. Have fun on Wednesday.
#66 of 159 Old 06-28-2010, 03:32 PM

I'm currently working under the assumption that what we're dealing with right now is chicken pox. I have no idea where we got it, though. But by the time I realized what it might be (this weekend), it's already past the point of taking him to the ped. This morning most of the spots are already in the healing stage.

So I'm not sure if we should be joining playgroup this week. And it's probably a good thing we canceled last week. Ladies, let me know how you feel about it, and we'll go from there.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

#67 of 159 Old 06-29-2010, 02:26 AM

Is it past the contagious stage? Becuase...I know a lot of mamas in East Bay are LOOKING for pox. LOL
#68 of 159 Old 06-29-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
I'm currently working under the assumption that what we're dealing with right now is chicken pox. I have no idea where we got it, though. But by the time I realized what it might be (this weekend), it's already past the point of taking him to the ped. This morning most of the spots are already in the healing stage.

So I'm not sure if we should be joining playgroup this week. And it's probably a good thing we canceled last week. Ladies, let me know how you feel about it, and we'll go from there.
I'm not going to sweat it. I think he is past the contagious phase.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#69 of 159 Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I'm not going to sweat it either, Rowan has been exposed a couple times and not gotten it. I'd love to see you two!

#70 of 159 Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 AM

Worth mentioning! Jenna and I may be a couple of minutes late because I have to take my cat in for a rabies shot in the morning. It should be festive.

#71 of 159 Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Does this Wednesday the 7th at 10 work? I could really use some momma time this week. I've got a lot to get off my chest.

We could do park or Krissy, we could look for one closer to your house if your feeling like staying closer to home at this point

#72 of 159 Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldingoddess View Post
Does this Wednesday the 7th at 10 work? I could really use some momma time this week. I've got a lot to get off my chest.

We could do park or Krissy, we could look for one closer to your house if your feeling like staying closer to home at this point
I'm pretty sure I'm up to the outing for at least another two weeks. It is already on my calendar for this week and next to be at the park. So y'all should just write it down too.

#73 of 159 Old 07-06-2010, 11:51 AM

I'm w rightkindofme- it's on my calendar, so i'll be there even if im late.

Just pick a place.

#74 of 159 Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, glad you'll both be there, Jenna is coming too. Let's go ahead and do Castro Vlley Rec center again since I already posted it on meet-up.com.

See ya in the morning!

#75 of 159 Old 07-07-2010, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

My hubby just told me that he has to do and on-site tomorrow, and therefore I am carless (he swears he told me earlier in the week, but I swear he didn't.) Would you ladies be interested in coming over to myself instead of going to the park? I know it is short notice and all, but I'll pm you my address if this ends up working out. I have a big backyard that is fenced, and we have hundreds of goats in the park/openspace behind our house which is entertaining for the time being (they were just put there by the county yesterday to eat the weeds.)

Hope it works!

#76 of 159 Old 07-07-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
My hubby just told me that he has to do and on-site tomorrow, and therefore I am carless (he swears he told me earlier in the week, but I swear he didn't.) Would you ladies be interested in coming over to myself instead of going to the park? I know it is short notice and all, but I'll pm you my address if this ends up working out. I have a big backyard that is fenced, and we have hundreds of goats in the park/openspace behind our house which is entertaining for the time being (they were just put there by the county yesterday to eat the weeds.)

Hope it works!
That would be fine with me or I can give you a ride if we don't hear from Cristeen by the morning. I will be sending both of you my phone number and email address cause this is kind of silly.

#77 of 159 Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Last week was so much fun! And hubby felt great that you two enjoyed the dal.

I'm planning on Wednesday at Castro Valley at 10. Let me know if it works for yall, and any newcomers are as always welcome.

#78 of 159 Old 07-12-2010, 06:08 PM

We're gonna hafta see this week. Both my boys are in bed at the moment with a nasty cold, and I was feeling weird this morning (although that could have been no breakfast). If I'm feeling up to it and the little one is feeling better, we'll be there. Otherwise, we'll skip it - I don't want to get anybody else sick.

#79 of 159 Old 07-12-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
We're gonna hafta see this week. Both my boys are in bed at the moment with a nasty cold, and I was feeling weird this morning (although that could have been no breakfast). If I'm feeling up to it and the little one is feeling better, we'll be there. Otherwise, we'll skip it - I don't want to get anybody else sick.
And... I came here to post that I started feeling icki yesterday and I feel worse today. I'm willing to bet that whatever I have it is going to get a bit worse before it is better. I have a progressively more runny nose, my sore throat keeps getting worse, I'm moderately running a fever, and my stomach hurts a lot.

You don't want this. Trust me. So I will have to try harder to be up for going next week.

#80 of 159 Old 07-12-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty sure Rowan infected everyone, he had that runny nose on Wednesday morning that lasted till Friday, and Clinton came down with fever/cold over the weekend. I'm so sorry! if it's any consolation it moved quickly through both of my boys. I'm surprised I never came down with anything...guess it's not too late.

In other news...I'm freaking pregnant!! 5 weeks. I haven't told anyone...except MDC and my hubby(lol.) I wanted to tell you both in person, but I don't think I can wait another week from this Wednesday. I'm hoping it sticks, really really hoping, and already have some midwife interviews set up. I can't remember who you both birthed with, but I would love to grill you both on the local midwives

#81 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 12:44 AM

Hi ladies,

I haven't joined you since the first get together.

Julia - Had to chime back in to say congratulations!!!! I hope to be joining you soon!

I hope to make it to another get together in the future. :-) Julia - if you are feeling up to the drive, Habitot childrens museum in Berkeley is free from 10-12 on Wednesday. I plan to go. It's not huge but it's super cute and my little one has a great time - water tables, play food, train tables, art projects, etc.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#82 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Rowan infected everyone, he had that runny nose on Wednesday morning that lasted till Friday, and Clinton came down with fever/cold over the weekend. I'm so sorry! if it's any consolation it moved quickly through both of my boys. I'm surprised I never came down with anything...guess it's not too late.

In other news...I'm freaking pregnant!! 5 weeks. I haven't told anyone...except MDC and my hubby(lol.) I wanted to tell you both in person, but I don't think I can wait another week from this Wednesday. I'm hoping it sticks, really really hoping, and already have some midwife interviews set up. I can't remember who you both birthed with, but I would love to grill you both on the local midwives
Awesome! That's really fabulous! I'm excited for you.

Unfortunately my midwife is not an option for you, she's based out of the south bay and she won't go further north than Fremont. (Which is very sad because I love and adore her.) I could ask her who she recommends for Hayward though. I didn't find out much about folks that far north because no one from Oakland-ish will come as far south as Fremont.

#83 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Sounds like what weve got. I did have a day of runny nose, and then it passed.

GG - congrats!!! Thats amazing! As for mws, we can discuss that.

The little one seems to be feeling lots better this morning, so we shouldbe up for an outing tomorrow.

#84 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:

The little one seems to be feeling lots better this morning, so we shouldbe up for an outing tomorrow.
*sigh* My nose isn't running it's sprinting. Away from the flood behind it. And my throat still hurts. Man! Lowered immune systems suck!

#85 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
*sigh* My nose isn't running it's sprinting. Away from the flood behind it. And my throat still hurts. Man! Lowered immune systems suck!
That was DH yesterday. He soaked every hanky we own. I finally gave him diaper doublers to use. He'sstill in bed today, but his nose is just average congested today.

#86 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Hi ladies,

I haven't joined you since the first get together.

Julia - Had to chime back in to say congratulations!!!! I hope to be joining you soon!

I hope to make it to another get together in the future. :-) Julia - if you are feeling up to the drive, Habitot childrens museum in Berkeley is free from 10-12 on Wednesday. I plan to go. It's not huge but it's super cute and my little one has a great time - water tables, play food, train tables, art projects, etc.

Cindy
Hi Cindy, nice to see you on here.

I think we're still going to do Wednesday at CV Rec center, it looks like Cristeen will make it and Jenna (not on MDC), plus I posted it on the meetup.com ap group meetup, so there may or may not be people from there. I hope you can make it some time, or maybe we can schedule something in Berkeley or closer to Berkeley.

#87 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Aw thanks!

Quote:
Awesome! That's really fabulous! I'm excited for you.

Unfortunately my midwife is not an option for you, she's based out of the south bay and she won't go further north than Fremont. (Which is very sad because I love and adore her.) I could ask her who she recommends for Hayward though. I didn't find out much about folks that far north because no one from Oakland-ish will come as far south as Fremont.
That's a bummer! For some reason I thought you were birthing with Juli Tilsner/ Deborah.

I had an interview this morning with Mollie and Mason who just partnered up with Tenaya, I doubt I'll be going with them, but I really liked my chat on the phone with Juli Tilsner and with Shannon who has Hakima Midwifery. I don't meet with them for a few weeks.

#88 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
That was DH yesterday. He soaked every hanky we own. I finally gave him diaper doublers to use. He'sstill in bed today, but his nose is just average congested today.
I love me some bamboo wipes. The worst part about congestion like this is it makes me crazy dizzy. I can't stand for more than about 3 minutes unless I am clinging to a wall. Ugh. I hate my body sometimes.

#89 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 10:54 PM

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I have Indian on the stove right now, if anyone's interested in a change of venue.

#90 of 159 Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hope you're feeling better soon.

I have Indian on the stove right now, if anyone's interested in a change of venue.
ohhh that sounds delicious...especially because I know there will probably be flesh in it and this pregnancy wants meat...but there is a 'new mom' coming from the AP meet-up.com board, so I don't want to flake on her again, because I did last week when I cancelled the meetup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page