Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2010, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldingoddess View Post
Anyone else wanna do Monday?
I, too, want to meet up but Mondays are now no-good for me. I work at 10am every Monday in the city.

This Wednesday (9/15) is free day at the CA Academy of Sciences. Anyone wanna meet up at that? I plan on being there aaaaaall day.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldingoddess View Post
Anyone else wanna do Monday?
Well, if no one else is available, you're always welcome to come over here and let the boys play. You've hosted us the last several times, so I believe it's my turn. We haven't finished unpacking from vacation, but if you can ignore that, you're welcome.

There's also a park down by the lake - a few blocks from my house we could check out if the weather is nice. Unfortunately, Fairyland is closed on Mondays.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 09-12-2010, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
Well, if no one else is available, you're always welcome to come over here and let the boys play. You've hosted us the last several times, so I believe it's my turn. We haven't finished unpacking from vacation, but if you can ignore that, you're welcome.

There's also a park down by the lake - a few blocks from my house we could check out if the weather is nice. Unfortunately, Fairyland is closed on Mondays.
That sounds great, I'll e-mail you.

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

Old 09-13-2010, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Tomorrow is my two week midwife check up down in San Jose, there's no way I'm driving north with that at 11. Fuss! I miss y'all.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
Tomorrow is my two week midwife check up down in San Jose, there's no way I'm driving north with that at 11. Fuss! I miss y'all.
Well, until you can stand vertical for 20 min w/o wanting to pass out, i'd imagine it'd be a bad idea, appt or no.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

Old 09-15-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post
Well, until you can stand vertical for 20 min w/o wanting to pass out, i'd imagine it'd be a bad idea, appt or no.
I'm definitely past the pass out stage, I'm just getting a little dizzy at this point and it generally takes longer than 20 minutes (uhm, not that I've tried 20 consecutive minutes or anything).

And I managed to get through an urgent care trip for Shanna on sheer adrenaline. I'm happy to report that her arm isn't broken, though there seems to be a soft tissue injury.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:30 PM

Tomorrow, Wed the 22, Greenridge Park, Castro Vly, 1pm

Old 09-22-2010, 01:29 AM

How long will you ladies be there? DD is usually napping at 1. But I suppose I could try for a car nap on the way down.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
How long will you ladies be there? DD is usually napping at 1. But I suppose I could try for a car nap on the way down.

Cindy
We basically always stay at least two hours and sometimes three or so. We moved it to 1 because there are so many napping at 10. We can't win. I hope to meet you!

Krissy

Old 09-22-2010, 12:48 PM

I usually have something going on in the afternoon on wed but since I don't this week I'm going to join you guys!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 09-27-2010, 11:26 PM

This week we are back at the Castro Valley Community Center but we are meeting on Thursday at 10 instead of Wednesday.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:17 PM

*waves*

I'm actually over on the other side of the Bay, but had been discussing coming to one of the meetups with rightkindofme. I also know goldingoddess from the AP group over here! We're on quarantine due to being given a vaccine that caused the illness (I know, I know "that's so rare", etc. What's worse is that our son was given another vaccine at the same time that I had declined that has compounded the issue.) - so I can't make it for a while. But I wanted to poke my head in here and say hello!

That all seemed rather wordy for nothing, didn't it?

Meaghan (29)  Torq's wife (34); Niall's SAHM (9/09); Rivka's birthmom (6/03)
Old 10-03-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymeag View Post
*waves*

I'm actually over on the other side of the Bay, but had been discussing coming to one of the meetups with rightkindofme. I also know goldingoddess from the AP group over here! We're on quarantine due to being given a vaccine that caused the illness (I know, I know "that's so rare", etc. What's worse is that our son was given another vaccine at the same time that I had declined that has compounded the issue.) - so I can't make it for a while. But I wanted to poke my head in here and say hello!

That all seemed rather wordy for nothing, didn't it?
It's awesome that you know Julia! Yay! I'm sorry that you're having vaccine troubles. Giving your kid a vaccine you decline is so completely unacceptable. Are you switching doctors?

I'll be glad to meet you when you are out of quarantine!

It's worth mentioning here that we are debating whether to switch to Mondays because Wednesdays aren't working as well for us overall. Vegan Princess--would Mondays work better for you?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:55 PM

Yep, Mondays are pretty free for me. I have a commitment on Wed. afternoons and all day Thursday. But please don't plan around me too much since I have yet to make it to many meetups. Though I would probably make more if it were Monday. :-) It's just pretty far from me since I'm in North Berkeley.

Cindy

Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM

Hi mamas. . .I'm in Palo Alto, but I know both Cristeen and Ladymeag (met them here on MDC, but have since met IRL) and I keep meaning to try and make it to one of your gatherings. My guy doesn't love the car, so that has kept me away, but I may brave it soon. My parents are in town this coming week, so we'll be busy, but I'll try to make it after that. Morning would be better for us. . .as DS usually naps from 12:30-2:30, any day but Thursdays are good. But of course don't plan around us, just letting ya know!

Hope to meet you all soon.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 10-03-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Yep, Mondays are pretty free for me. I have a commitment on Wed. afternoons and all day Thursday. But please don't plan around me too much since I have yet to make it to many meetups. Though I would probably make more if it were Monday. :-) It's just pretty far from me since I'm in North Berkeley.

Cindy
I understand, Fremont is a long hike too. Castro Valley is pretty much exactly in the middle of us--which was totally not by design.

kismetbaby--come on over when you can.

Ok! Monday at 10! See folks then.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Popping in....

I guess I haven't posted here enough, because I no longer get the e-mails. So here I am.

Old 10-10-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Are we on for tomorrow? J & M will be there.

I'm really dreading the hot weather coming next week. Anyone want to plan a trip to an indoor air conditioned museum next week. I'm not too familiar with the ones that are available, but I know some of you mommas are. We're open any day but Wednesday.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Makenna has a cold so we won't be able to make it tomorrow. :-(

Cindy

Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 PM

I don't have work tomorrow, so I'd love to finally met up with some of you. Where is everyone meeting at 10 tomorrow?

Old 10-11-2010, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Princesstutu, we meet at Castro Valley Community Center Park, it is off of lake Chabot Rd, the best parking area is off of Quail Ave which you can turn onto from Lake Chabot rd.

We meet in the fenced in toddler area at 10AM, my cell is (520) 207-4999 in case you get lost.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:56 AM

For indoor we go to the Discovery Museum down in San Jose. It's very awesome. Everything else we have memberships to (Happy Hollow, Oakland Zoo, and FairyLand) are outside...

Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 PM

Well, we won't be able to meet y'all today, either. 511 says bus options out there only travel way early in the morning and in the afternoon. I use public transportation to get around so...

Have fun! Maybe we'll meet y'all some day.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Are you folks still getting together at the park?  I think I'd like to try and join you next week - we're finally out of the whole chicken pox/measles thing and the post-quarantine craziness that I wound up scheduling us for. 

Thanks!

Meaghan

Meaghan (29)  Torq's wife (34); Niall's SAHM (9/09); Rivka's birthmom (6/03)
Old 11-16-2010, 09:57 AM

In good weather we are. Except this week, theres a cold going around.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Alright, I think we're finally over this killer cold and could use some serious fresh air.  The next couple of days are going to be cloudy, so I'm planning on a 10:30 on Friday at Castro Valley Community Park.  We'll be in the fenced in area and you can recognize me by my pregnant belly and pigtail buns.  

I've posted this on the AP meet-up group too. Let me know if you think you'll be there.

Also we just bought a membership to the zoo and have been going a lot, it is nice on weekday mornings because there are not many people there.  Is anyone interested in a regular Oakland zoo playdate?

Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I'm canceling for tomorrow, hubby needs the car.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone still out there??!?!!?

There is a core group of us that meet-up weekly, but I'm always thinking it would be nice to expand and meet more mommas.  

This Wednesday is supposed to be sunny, anyone up for an Oakland Zoo meet-up?  10:30 am by the flamingos.  I'll post this on the AP meet-up board too.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldingoddess View Post

Anyone still out there??!?!!?

There is a core group of us that meet-up weekly, but I'm always thinking it would be nice to expand and meet more mommas.  

This Wednesday is supposed to be sunny, anyone up for an Oakland Zoo meet-up?  10:30 am by the flamingos.  I'll post this on the AP meet-up board too.

Getting confused by the length of the thread what is current and what is not.

I am open to a local (Alameda County) meet up weekly or every other week. The zoo sounds good- don't they have a membership that makes it free if you join?

My son is almost a year old, and likes other kids. He loves animals, ball pits (so the play café is awesome for him), and nature (Lake Temescal in good weather was great!). He's also happy going to folks' houses and just playing with toys. I can host, but if there are older kids in a meet up, I do not have toys that are appropriate for their ages (he is an only child).

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, we'll be meeting this Wednesday at 12 at Castro Valley Community Park.  In the fenced in toddler area.  

Lillitu, if you want to host something in Oakland, I'd be happy to come.

User Tag List