Alameda County Mommas - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 159 Old 01-24-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So if anyone still checks this thread....

We'll be at the Castro Valley Community Park this Wednesday 1/26 at noon, generally we gather in the fenced in part of the park.  You can recognize me by my pigtail buns and pregnant belly.  I've also posted this on the AP meet-up board.

Julia, mama to Bumpa 2008, and The Mole 2011

#152 of 159 Old 05-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Anyone still here? I sort of just skipped through most of the 8 pages of this thread... Anyone have school age kids? Teens?

Disabled queer mama to one preteen, one teenager, 5 cats, 7 chickens, & 1 dog

...granola punk urban homesteaders...

homeschool.gifautismribbon.gif

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

-Gandalf, The Hobbit

#153 of 159 Old 05-29-2011, 08:20 PM

I am still here, although I check this board maybe once a week. I think we actually know one another- MamaRhi!

I am in Oakland and take my son out almost every day. Parks, the zoo, you name it. He is 16 months old and loves older children as well as babies.

This Wednesday (6/1), if it is sunny and warm, we are going to Lake Temescal to swim. I could also meet folks at the Oakland Zoo on Friday (6/3) if anyone is game!

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#154 of 159 Old 05-30-2011, 11:03 PM

We do know each other Lillitu! :)

I will be in Oakland tomorrow with the kids. Mostly running errands but they're going to need a bit of kid time. Any suggestions? They're 9 and 12, they love parks but not so much of the toddler variety. I'll be around again over the weekend, but without kids. (Unless you count the puppy. Anyone know any good dog parks around there?)

"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love."

-Gandalf, The Hobbit

#155 of 159 Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 AM

Great parks in Oakland:

FROG Park: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=IZp&pwst=1&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=968&bih=517&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=FROG+park,+oakland,+ca&fb=1&gl=us&hq=FROG+park,&hnear=0x80857d8b28aaed03:0x71b415d535759367,Oakland,+CA&cid=2976400662334045786

Union Point: http://www.waterfrontaction.org/learn/parks/up.htm

Here's one in Emeryville:

Doyle Park: http://www.510families.com/content/how-spend-saturday-morning-emeryville

Dog Parks:

Alameda: http://www.yelp.com/biz/alameda-dog-exercise-area-alameda

Berkeley: http://www.ohlonedogpark.org/

I'll be ruuning around like crazy, but maybe Wednesday if you can make it to Lake Temescal in the afternoon (assuming it is not rainy). I'll be there around 3 PM.

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#156 of 159 Old 06-20-2011, 09:30 AM

We're in Santa Clara county but have a membership to the CDM and would love to meet up with others.  (Kiddo is almost age 3)

#157 of 159 Old 06-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Does the Oakland Zoo have any free days? 

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#158 of 159 Old 08-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Well, I am living in Oakland now. I tried to start a new thread but it doesn't seem to be working. I really want to get out and meet people now. I am going to a homeschool playgroup thing today. Does anyone want to get together sometime?

My kids are 9 and 12. The 9 year old (my son) is homeschooled and the 12 year old (my daughter) will be going to public school this year.

-Gandalf, The Hobbit

#159 of 159 Old 09-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Hi mamas!  I am forestmushroom and am currently in portland, or but it looks like my family will be returning to Oakland/Berkeley/Alameda in the next few months... We lived in the bay for over 12 years, have been in portland for 3, and I am looking forward to returning to the bay.

just wanted to say hi!  and enjoy chatting as we make this great move back!  I have 4 children, and we are expecting a 5th in May! My kids are 10, 7, 4.5 and 21 months... I know when we move my 10 yo would love to get together with some older children!  We still have some friends there, but he will miss his friends here and love to meet some new faces. :)

Forest  treehugger.gifMushroom whale.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page