Traveling all summer with dd's-12 & 2: Marin to Humboldt? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-13-2010, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all. My daughters (12 & 2) and I are planning an extended trip to Northern California this summer. We will be wwoofing for weeks at a time and exploring areas from Marin to Humboldt for relocation in the fall. We would like to meet up with other homeschool/unschool families with children of similar ages or hear about any fun activities I could get my 12 year old involved in. Although this will be a fun trip, she is already complaining about missing her unschooled & neighbor friends. I would like to have some ideas in place!

Our first stop is Napa, we will be there approximately a month: April 20th-mid May.

May-June We will be near Hoopa.

June-September ????? Undecided where we will be yet. Open to events, activities, meetups and suggestions anywhere along the north coast! We will be camping as well- campsite suggestions welcome!

TIA!

Different drummer dancing with 3 kids in 3 decades.
#2 of 2 Old 05-11-2010, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not a lot in the town of Hoopa,a little more in the town of Willow Creek,about 30 minutes down the road. Plenty to do out on the Salmon River if you are into being outdoors. The store in Soames Bar is a good resource for info.Otter Bar lodge is a world class kayaking school out that way and there is plenty of hiking to do,the PCT runs near there. Camping would be the way to go,I don't think that the hotels in Hoopa are exactly "classy". I would be happy to give you more info about Humboldt,as it is my home; and my husband is from the Marble mtn wilderness area,between us we might be able to help you enjoy the area a bit more!

,Peace loving mama to twin girls(06/05) and my sonshine (04/98) "This is the life!"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page