Moving to Palo Alto... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-15-2010, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And wondering about any AP playgroups, craft circles or good people to get together with myself and 3 children 6 and under. We are also interested in walking/hiking groups for short or long outings. Suggestions?

We are moving from Canada and freaking out a bit leaving behind our community of AP friends and support networks but also inviting the adventure.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 09:14 PM

Hi and welcome to the Bay Area!

There's a great, active AP group on the peninsula--with members from Mountain View to San Bruno--called APPEN. I have been a member since my 6 year old was a baby and have met many kindred spirits through the group. We just had a wonderful family camping trip over Memorial Day. There are several playgroups each week for a range of ages (lots of homeschooling families).

Blessings,
Tara
Old 06-17-2010, 04:42 AM

If you have a baby or toddler, Blossom Birth Services in Palo Alto is great. They offer lots of classes, groups, etc.

Also, check out the Palo Alto/Menlo Park Mother's Club (PAMP). Their website is a good starting place. It is a huge group that isn't necessarily AP, but they have all kinds of "sub-clubs" that may be of interest to you.

Also, make sure you check out the Palo Alto Junior Museum and Zoo - it's in the same area as a playground, children's library and children's theater. Oh, and they offer some great classes for kids.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for this info...I am very familiar with JMZ as I used to be an educator there before our first was born. I will check out the other groups mentioned as well...I love the idea of a family camp out. Our AP group here has an annual Mommy and kid camp out...Too much fun. We also have lots of home-schoolers in the group.

Again, much appreciated!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:03 AM

There's also an AP/Gentle Discipline playgroup a bit more toward Mountain View/Los Altos/Palo Alto since the APPen group congregates around San Mateo. You can find more info here: http://www.meetup.com/Peninsula-Gent...ine-Playgroup/ -- there haven't been many meetups scheduled lately because one of our organizers stepped down and another (me) is pregnant, working full time, and mothering a 3yo, but I digress Anyhow, we'd love to have you!

Oh, and of course LLL -- we're an active bunch, too: http://lllnorcal.org/groups/PeninsulaCA.html

And a HUGE recommendation for Blossom Birth in Palo Alto (www.blossombirth.org) if you have a baby or toddler!

DD March 2007...happily nursing, EC graduated, family-bed-sharing family... expecting another in early November!

User Tag List