Mothering Forum banner

Daycare/Preschool Recommendations in SD

742 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  LilMama23 
#1 ·
I have a 2 year old DD I need to put into some type of child care ASAP. I'm also looking for a good babysitter. Does anyone have any providers they are happy with in San Diego? I would appreciate it if you could post or PM me.

I live in the uptown area but work in north county.

#3 ·
Have you found a provider yet?
I actually came to this forum because I was looking for ideas from other parents about what they are most looking for in a childcare provider.
I'm starting an in-home childcare in September, but it will be more of an alternative daycare with a very natural, attachment parenting feel. Waldorf-inspired if you will.
Is there such a demand out there?
I have three kids of my own, (1, 2 and 5) and am rather discouraged at the lack of such places here in San Diego.
Any feedback you can give me would be nice!
Thank you!

#4 ·
Depending on where you work in North County- if San Marcos is convenient, I would recommend checking out Palomar College's child development center. I work at the college (so I might have a bias), but my daughter went there from age 2- kindergarten and it was awesome. They have a good teacher ratio anyway, but with so many child development students helping out, they have a lot of help.
To TamarHolmes: I love what you're doing. I have often wanted to do the same- start an "organic daycare." Hope you're having success! Where are you located?

#5 ·
I've heard the children's garden places are good-- there are definitely a couple sort of waldorfy places around, but I'm not 100% sure of their names. Tamar, I think you'll find some interest-- of course, a lot of the parents I know who are MDC types don't use child care, but I think there are definitely some parents who HAVE to work who would ADORE such an option. Have you checked out the SD natural families yahoo board? I bet you could connect with lots there. Good luck!

#6 ·
Sanderling Waldorf School (where my daughter attends) has a nursery program for 2-3 year olds, but it's only Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. It's a great program, but a little pricey.
If you're really stuck, I live in the downtown area and could watch her on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays. DD (age 4) goes to school Thursday and Fridays, but on the other days I'd love to watch another child out of my house so that DD has some more social interaction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.