homebirth midwives in San Jose area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to get a list of all the homebirth midwives in the San Jose, CA area. If you have more detailed info about any of them, that would be great also.

Thanks!
#2 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 08:11 PM

Hey SanJosemama!

Congratulations on expecting a new little one!

I know of one really good midwife in the Santa Cruz area who I think is willing to do births in San Jose as well, her name is Rebecca Hughes. She is the only one that I know personally, so she would be my personal reccomendation. If you want her phone number, I can PM it to you.

I also know of another one in Santa Cruz who does homebirth in San Jose named Joscelyn Grote. Her website is: http://www.welcomehomebirth.com/

Rosanna Davis is another homebirth midwife. She is in Menlo Park and I've heard really good things from her. Her website is: www.californiamidwifery.com.

Yelena Kolodji, a homebirth midwife who is a CNM is based in San Jose. Her website is www.tobirth.com. Her website looks like she's been doing this for a long time!

This info is all on www.blossombirth.org. They are a resource center in San Jose that helps people desiring holistic births!

Do you have a doula yet? Because if you are interested in having one, I am a doula and would love to meet with you/email you and see if we could be a good fit. I live in Santa Cruz.

Congratulations once again!
#3 of 5 Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 PM

Give Ronnie Falcao a call!

She's based in Mt. View but I believe will travel to San Jose. She's WONDERFUL!

She also has this page with pertinent information.

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#4 of 5 Old 07-27-2010, 12:33 AM

BTW Blossom birth is in Palo Alto not SJ, but they have GREAT resources and would totally be worth the short trip. Or you can always visit the website or call them directly for some friendly help! Also, once a month Blossom hosts a homebirth lunch lounge. . .you could attend and ask many questions and meet other HB mamas in the area! good luck!

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#5 of 5 Old 07-27-2010, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Harmony Birth is in Campbell, which is much more 'San Jose' than Blossom. I see Sunshine Tomlin who works out of Harmony. This is my second birth with her and I could not be more enthusiastic about her.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page