doula recommendation for greater los angeles area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2010, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
just got laid off, so the homebirth with midwife i was hoping for is out of the question (it was already going to be tough coming up with the $4500 -- now it's impossible).

so, now i'm hoping to at least have a doula at the birth. i had so many choices and a difficult time choosing a midwife, but i'm really overwhelmed about how to find a doula. where we live is accessible to los angeles (east), orange (north), san bernardino (west) and riverside counties (west) any recs?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 08:04 PM

Hi there Mama,
So sorry about the lay off. Times are hard and that's especially true here in SoCal.
I'm a doula here and would love to chat with you about your upcoming birth.
My website is in my siggy and I'll pm you my info.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

Old 10-27-2010, 09:57 PM

Were you talking about Davi? I was just there yesterday and she told me about a service of doulas who work on donation because they are in midwifery school. I need to look into it for myself but she said they were called Bean Babies or something like that.

Adriana, mommy to Klarity 9/06 and Grayam 6/08 and Zephyr homebirth.jpgMay 8, 2011
Old 10-29-2010, 01:53 AM

Call Bini Birth in NoHo... Ana Paula Markel, who is a doula extraordinaire (among other things) started this place, they refer doulas and train them there...

Michelle, Happily married to first crush 4/2005, SAHM to DD 7/2006 , DS 8/2008 ,angel1.gif 4/2010, DD 3/2011, expecting DS 8/2013. 

Old 10-31-2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbell76 View Post
Call Bini Birth in NoHo... Ana Paula Markel, who is a doula extraordinaire (among other things) started this place, they refer doulas and train them there...
That was it! She didn't write it down so I interpreted it as "beanie" instead of "bini."

Adriana, mommy to Klarity 9/06 and Grayam 6/08 and Zephyr homebirth.jpgMay 8, 2011

User Tag List