Need OB or Midwife Recommendation in Napa... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-31-2010, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

or the surrounding area.

I hope I am posting this in the right place. I read MDC all the time but have never posted so please excuse any message board faux pas I may commit!

My sister is moving to the Napa/Sonoma area from Reno and is about 17 weeks pregnant with her first baby. I am "subtly" helping her through this pregnancy, attempting to steer her towards a natural delivery with a midwife. She is definitely set on delivering in the hospital and that is fine, but I would love for her to have a natural friendly doctor or CNM ... not one who will not push an induction on her due date type of provider. She is the type of person who would listen to that kind of "authority" completely. I figure if I help her get set up with someone who isn't like that in the first place, it won't even come up!  She has been so crazy at work and getting ready for the move, she asked me if I could help her find someone and of course I knew the MDC forums could point me in the right direction!!

Does anyone have any suggestions on OBs/CNMs that deliver at Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa? She has a choice of insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield or she can go to Kaiser. I know Kaiser has CMNs but it looks like from what I can find they do all the deliveries in Santa Rosa...is that correct? She said that would be kind of far away. Any advice  would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Katie

Proud AP Mama to Gregory 2/08 and Benjamin 7/10
Spirited Postpartum Doula - Love Mothering New Mothers!
Cloth Diapering, Bed-Sharing, Gentle Disciplining, Breastfeeding enthusiast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My best friend had a home birth with KathRyn Barry, in Santa Rosa. She was brilliant. http://kathrynbarrymidwife.com/

There is a birth center in Santa Rosa (where my friend had her first two babies and really loved working with Rosanne). http://www.womenshealthandbirthcenter.com/

Upvalley, the St. Helena Hospital has an excellent, mama and baby-friendly L&D unit. My mom was a nurse there for many years and helped shape it. If your sister is not quite up to a totally crunchy experience, she might feel more comfortable there. Brian Henry is the OB - I know him personally and he is such a wonderful guy. Sue Turner is the CNM and equally great. If (God forbid!) I had to give birth in a hospital, I would feel comfortable doing it at St. Helena, with that team.

I don't know anything about Queen of the Valley, except that they have a very low C-section rate!

High-tech Hippie Mama to Dd1 (9/22/06), Dd2 (2/25/10) and Ds (05/27/2013). I eat Clean, cloth diaper, and spend way too much time online.

User Tag List