non vax and AP friendly ped in fremont/east bay?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-24-2011, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

does anyone know of one in or around fremont?

i guess i have one for DD, but it'd be nice to find one that I am a little more comfortable with.  Preferably one who takes insurance, at least out of network.

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Hey!  I'm in Fremont! :)  I found a GREAT non-vax, AP friendly pediatrician... at Kaiser.  Dr. Steven Crook.  He's amazing.  Unfortunately right now we don't have Kaiser.

I will say that I've had a bad experience at South East Bay Pediatric Medical Group.  I was told to sleep train my 2 month old (it's ok to just let her cry) and to start giving her iron fortified rice cereal at 4 months.  She (Dr. Dobbs) has also not been thrilled about my nearing 3 year old still nursing.  She also pushes keeping kids out of the sun entirely and give them vitamin D supplementation instead.  I told her that we spend a minimum of 15 minutes in the sun every day and usually a couple of hours and she told me that we don't absorb vitamin D properly so we need to supplement.  It's kind of interesting how the human race has survived.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post

Hey!  I'm in Fremont! :)  I found a GREAT non-vax, AP friendly pediatrician... at Kaiser.  Dr. Steven Crook.  He's amazing.  Unfortunately right now we don't have Kaiser.

I will say that I've had a bad experience at South East Bay Pediatric Medical Group.  I was told to sleep train my 2 month old (it's ok to just let her cry) and to start giving her iron fortified rice cereal at 4 months.  She (Dr. Dobbs) has also not been thrilled about my nearing 3 year old still nursing.  She also pushes keeping kids out of the sun entirely and give them vitamin D supplementation instead.  I told her that we spend a minimum of 15 minutes in the sun every day and usually a couple of hours and she told me that we don't absorb vitamin D properly so we need to supplement.  It's kind of interesting how the human race has survived.

sounds like a very well informed, super squad of amazing doctors. shake.gif

Who are your children with currently?

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

Old 01-28-2011, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

I am still officially with the crappy practice because we are going back to Kaiser in July.  The months can't go fast enough.  I am so upset with Blue Shield.  We left Kaiser so that my homebirth/acupuncture/therapy would be covered while I was pregnant.  They have denied 100% of my claims.  So now I'm paying way more for my insurance and they won't pay for anything.  I am so disgusted. :(

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

User Tag List