foster city/half moon bay park day! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-06-2011, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i feel like the old thread got lost and it started off with a major whine fest- so now that i am a bit more positive, i thought a new thread might be in order!

I am Jen and I have 3 kids- 5.5, 3 & 1.

we are up for park or library meetups in foster city or half moon bay/el granada.

we are also looking to move coastal soon, so if anyone knows of any great homes for rent from pacifica to pescadero- please DM me!

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 PM

I'm in Pacifica with my DW and 5 mo old DD. She's too young still to really enjoy the park, but it's always nice to get out of the house and hang out in the (sometimes) sunshine or the library. :) I WOH so we could only really meet on weekends. I'll keep an eye out for rental houses in Pacifica (although I might steal it first. lol. We rent a townhouse right now and I'd love to get back into a house soon).

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

A weekend meet up would be great. We were used to a pretty large community back in az and have had a hard time meeting anyone. Dh works in HMB and his coworkers tell us it's a bit friendlier over there.

We are over there a lot lately trying to escape foster city and get a feel for where we want to live.

How do you like Pacifica? I'd love even a townhouse right now, so if you steal the house I'll take over your lease smile.gif

All 5 of us are currently crammed in a 2 bedroom- after downsizing from a rather spacious house.

We need some space!

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#4 of 5 Old 04-08-2011, 03:35 PM

I LOVE HMB. We drive down there a lot. Well, a bit less with DD, who until we got our car windows tinted, HATED the car. Who knew it was probably just the sun in her eyes? LOL!

We love Pacifica. We live 1 block from the ocean, right at the pier. It's wonderful. I like your idea, however our townhouse is only 2 bedrooms. :( I love the small town feel and the hippie-surfer vibe. Everyone is just so nice. A new grocery store just opened up (Fresh & Easy) and they don't sell anything with HFCS or artificial preservatives. It's pretty cool.

We go to Foster city sometimes for some of the restaurants. I like Mimi's. :)

If we could afford a house there someday, my #1 choice to live would be El Granada. Up on the hill. It's so beautiful and I love the houses there.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#5 of 5 Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 AM

Lucky you! The HMB listings on craiglist always have me drooling, but it's just too much of a commute for us.

-melanie (new to the area with two kids, a dh and a dog)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page