Toddler Care in the Bay Area Peninsula - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 1 year old, and we're relocating to the Peninsula (perhaps San Mateo, but it's not yet decided), and I need part-time childcare (I'm a grad student).  Here in Seattle, for the last 7 months we've had a sort of "nanny" (but she's become an awesome friend) who is a stay at home mom with an almost 2 year-old, and I LOVE this arrangement, and my little boy is best friends with the other little guy.

Not knowing anyone down in CA, though, I am freaking out about childcare.  I considered daycare, but then I start reading reviews on Yelp and PANIC.  And looking at nanny ads on Craigslist is just as bad.

Are there any stay-at-home moms on this board with an AP style, who are looking for a playmate for their little one(s) 20 or so hours a week (plus, of course, the going $ rate for "nannies"--I hate that word though)?  If, so, PM me!  

And/or--are there any actually good daycare situations?  Like some crunchy goddess lady who has naked babies running around her organic vegetable patch? smile.gif

OR--it may work if there is another student mama who could trade childcare with me--could be tricky, but could work, right?

Other thoughts are welcome, too.  I am trying to join APPEN, which is a slow process, and am hoping to gain insight there, too, and I joined San Mateo mom's club, which was a total waste of 40 bucks; those forums are so inactive.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page