Birth friendly OB at Loma Linda or Redlands?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

A good friend of mine is due in December.  She is looking to switch away from her current OB.  Apparently, at her last birth, she pushed TWICE and he called for a vacuum because he thought her pushes were ineffective.  Obviously not, because she pushed her baby out before the vacuum arrived because she knew she didn't want it!  Anyhow, she knows she's on a completely different page than this doctor and wants someone who is willing to respect the birth process and let her labor naturally without interference.

Some background: She went to the birth center in Redlands (with Leonette) and had an extremely long pushing phase, ultimately delivered at the hospital where her baby lived for 45 mins due to lack of oxygen during the birth.  So obviously, she's not comfortable going back to Leonette, and also needs to have her babies in a hospital for her own peace of mind.  She can deliver at Redlands or Loma Linda, but she prefers Redlands and has had two healthy babies born there.

She would also love seeing a CNM if any have hospital privileges at LL or Redlands, but didn't think there were any.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#2 of 5 Old 05-23-2011, 02:31 PM

I'm a doula new to the area (Loma Linda) and didn't get a chance to work with the doctors here yet (we just been here for a month). but let me see what I can find out for you. 

Mothering Hands Birth Doula, Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula, Birth Photographer, Breastfeeding Counselor & Placenta Encapsulator placenta.gif proudly serving Inland Empire, CA. 

#3 of 5 Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM

I'm not sure where he delivers but check out Dr. Vazquez at Beaver Medical Group in Redlands.

Your friend could also call the hospitals, get a provider list, and go from there. 

Mothering Hands Birth Doula, Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula, Birth Photographer, Breastfeeding Counselor & Placenta Encapsulator placenta.gif proudly serving Inland Empire, CA. 

#4 of 5 Old 05-24-2011, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I'll pass that name onto her. :)

Janel, crochetsmilie.gif DIY/crafting addicted wife to DH treehugger.gif for 8 yrs, loving mama to DD1 notes.gif - 6 yrs, DD2energy.gif- 3 yrs, and baby 3 stork-suprise.gif due Feb/Mar 2012, planning our first waterbirth.jpg  homebirth.jpg

#5 of 5 Old 05-24-2011, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

He does deliver at Redlands, at least so the internet tells me... ;) 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page