Any non-vax playgroups around Simi Valley-Moorpark-Thousand Oaks area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I plan on homeschooling my 9 month old son in the future, he is not vaxed and I'm curious if there are any other like minded mamas in the Ventura area, more so Simi Valley/Thousand Oaks. If so would ya be interested in doing a playgroup for non vaxed lil ones or do you know of any that already exist. Would love to know I'm not the only oddball in my area <3!Thanks!

#2 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 11:27 AM

Hey there!!!! You're not alone!!! I'm in Fillmore and we don't vax! I have a 10.5 month old who would LOVE to play! I'm also the creator of a nursing moms group (145 members!) and we have several selective/non vax'ers!

Drop me a line and we can get together!

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#3 of 7 Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

That is awesome! Fillmore isn't too far from us, yay! We are in the process of moving into our new apartment (only a week to go). I shall send ya a message when we get settled :D

#4 of 7 Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 AM

Hi There,

I thought exactly like you, but unfortunately I gave in to the vaccines. I so didn't want to vaccinate my daughter, just scared of the after effects, etc..But was part of several play groups and getting lots of opinions and also from family doctors that I really trusted telling me I should really consider vaccinating my little one, so I reluctantly did it  :( My family and I just moved to Simi Valley a couple of weeks ago and are looking to get involved out here with other stay at home mom's as well.....I'm planning on homeschooling my little 16 month old as well...My siblings and I were all homeschooled, there's literally nothing better in my opinion.....  :)

#5 of 7 Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 PM

!

WaitingForKiddos likes this.
#6 of 7 Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 PM

I have some group recommendations for you :-) --

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VenturaCountyAPMoms

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VC-LIFE_Homeschool_Network

http://www.meetup.com/Santa-Susana-Homeschool-Community/

Happy to answer questions about these groups :-)

Mama to two amazing homeschooling boys born in 1999 and 2002
#7 of 7 Old 07-31-2012, 10:18 AM

Along these same lines, I'm in thousand oaks and I don't want to vax. Does anyone have a recommendation for a cooperative pediatrician? Ours isn't very accommodating.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page