Birth Centers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI, 

I am about 14 weeks pregnant. I was looking for a birth center in the East Bay and am not finding any. The only one I found is Sage Femm. I was expecting SF/East Bay and especially Berkeley to have a plethera of Birth Centers. Does anyone know why there is only Sage Femm? If you know of another birth center I would love the info. The other option for me (i cant deliver at my  house) is to hopfeuly find a midwife that practices at Ahlta Bates hospital. So if you know of any that practice there, I would like that information as well. Thank you mothering community for always being there! Cheers!

#2 of 2 Old 06-21-2011, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I've heard of sacred birth place in Oakland. Don't know anything about it. Also, a friend of mine used  Hsiu-Li Cheng - she is a midwife that works out of alta bates. She loved her experience with her. 

If you are at all curious about sage femme, PM me. I had my daughter there in 2009, while it was still in SF. I had a great experience there but now that we've moved to berkeley, I find it too far away for a 2nd baby, given that I had a very fast first labor.

As for why there aren't many birth centers? I'd say a lot has to do with cost and malpractice insurance, etc. I know Judy at sage femme really works hard to stay afloat bc she truly believes in the need to offer her service to women who otherwise wouldn't have access. 

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page