New Tri-City Area, CA Chapter (Fremont, Newark, Union City) of the Holistic Moms Network now forming! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-05-2011, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Edited 8/27/11 for a change in venue.  See details below.

Greetings Mamas,

I would like to start spreading the word that there is a new chapter of the Holistic Moms Network (www.holisticmoms.org) forming in the Fremont, Newark, Union City area.  We are calling ourselves the Tri-City Area Chapter.  I have been co-leading the San Jose Chapter for the past three years and feel that it is time to bring HMN to my hometown!  Our ongoing monthly meeting location will be the community room of the Newark Public Library (6300 Civic Terrace Avenue, Newark) and will take place the first Thursday evening of each month from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

***Due to an overwhelming response from the holistic vendors and practicioners in the area, we have secured a larger venue for our Open House Event on October 6th.  This first meeting of our chapter will take place in the meeting room of the Silliman Center (6800 Mowry Road, Newark) from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. We will kick off the chapter by having an Open House with many local green businesses and holistic practitioners in attendance. 

If you are unfamiliar with HMN, we are a national, non-profit organization.  Our purpose is to generate awareness, education, and support for holistic parenting and to provide a nurturing, open-minded and respectful community for parents to share these ideals. We serve to encourage moms (and dads) in their efforts to parent naturally and to raise their children holistically, to help holistic moms find others with whom they can connect and to continually educate ourselves and our families about alternative health, mindful parenting, natural healing and environmental stewardship.

If you have any questions, would like to join the chapter or the leadership team, please send me an email at holisticfreckles@sbcglobal.net

PM me your email information if you would like to be added to our mailing list.  You can also keep track of our chapter's progress on our  facebook page.

The organization's website has great information on what we are about and how to join;  www.holisticmoms.org.  Please attend a meeting or two to see if HMN is a fit for you.

In health,

Christina Byard

Co-Leader, Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area Chapter

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#2 of 5 Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Is this mostly for the parents of newborn-preschool aged children?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#3 of 5 Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

That is a good question, Pookietooth.  I actually feel that this group is great for anyone with a holistic outlook, parent or no.  HMN is more of a support group for the parents rather than your typical playgroup.  We focus on topics that nourish our souls as people first, then parents. We will be having get-togethers that will involve the kids, certainly, but these events will not be the focus of our chapter.  Monthly meetings take place in the evening after most little ones are winding down for the night.  Monthly meetings will alternate between open forums and scheduled speakers with pertinent topics.  While children are always welcome to attend monthly meetings, I tend to look forward to HMN meetings as my personal escape ;)  I tuck the kiddos in and head out for an evening of adult time to engage with other like-minded moms.  I co-lead the San Jose Chapter of HMN for the past three years and we had members with kids ranging in age from infant to teen.  We will be having weekly chat nights during which the kids can play together while the moms hang out and chat.  I think that we will likely have many members join who are in the preschool years just because that is when we are usually actively seeking out support as new moms.  There were never the more appreciated member in the SJ chapter than the one who had "been there, done that" and had loads of advice.  So, if you have school-aged kids, don't feel at all that HMN is not intended for you.  Come check us out for a meeting or two and decide if you feel we are a community you would like to participate in! 

Sincerely,

Christina Byard

Co-Leader, HMN Tri-City Area

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#4 of 5 Old 08-27-2011, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

We have had such a great response from local holistic practitioners and vendors that we have had to move our October 6th Open House Event to a larger venue to accommodate them!  I hope to see you at our new venue, the meeting room of the Silliman Center (6800 Mowry Road, Newark) on Thursday, October 6th from 6:30-8:30 p.m.  It will be a great night of food, pampering, information and community.  Spread the word amongst your Mama friends.

#5 of 5 Old 09-25-2011, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping because this event is coming up!  We have 15 practitioners/vendors confirmed including midwives, doulas, chiropracters, naturopathic doctors, a holistic dentist, Spa Dhara, Kate's Caring Gifts, massage therapists, The Food Fairy and more.  After spreading the word at the local farmer's markets the past two weekends, we are hearing a lot of excitement and energy surrounding the formation of this community.  I can't wait to meet everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page