Midwife recommendations in Nevada County - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-31-2011, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My hubby graduates from school in December. We'd planned to get a job and move to Grass Valley or Nevada City. Then we got pregnant with baby #5 who is due in February. Now I'm not sure what to do. We currently live in Utah where homebirthing costs a fraction of what it costs in California so I'm wondering if we should try to stick around for a few more months. I'm not sure how it will work to transfer care at the end of the pregnancy--anyone have experience with that? I'm researching midwives in the Grass Valley/ Nevada City area to see how fees would work and whether they'd take me on so late in the game, but I feel like I'm going in blind since I don't know anyone to get references from. Then I thought to ask here! So who do you gals know and love for homebirthing in the Nevada City/Grass Valley area?

On a side note, my hubby will be graduating with a master's degree in Civil Engineering. Anyone know of any job leads within a reasonable commute? It's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-24-2011, 04:08 PM

Have you found anyone yet? I've got an email in to my friend who lives there an just did a home birth in January. :) Andrea

Andrea Olson, DS 2.5 yrs, DD due 10/9/13

Author | EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy

Owner | GoDiaperFree.com

[I teach parents of 0-20 month old babies how to stop diapering
full-time and how to avoid...

#3 of 4 Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

No, I haven't! I would love a recommendation! I've been kinda dragging my feet because it seems like such an overwhelming task at the moment, but I'm starting to get ready to get on it. Thanks!

#4 of 4 Old 08-25-2011, 11:54 AM

I totally get where you're at...we moved at 8 months to Berkeley and finally found our perfect midwife.

So, my friend Govinda had an AMAZING homebirth in Nevada City with Cindy Foxfoot and Kathy Boyer. They can be found at www.sweetarrivals.com. She said there are two other midwives in the area too but she didn't mention who.

Hope this helps...I'd say connect with them immediately and see what they can do for you...most midwives will negotiate payments so that you can have the birth you want. (We paid ours a total of $200 prior to the birth and then the balance came as a surprise gift from a family member!) It will all work out...but get your care soon! :)

Andrea

Andrea Olson, DS 2.5 yrs, DD due 10/9/13

Author | EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy

Owner | GoDiaperFree.com

[I teach parents of 0-20 month old babies how to stop diapering
full-time and how to avoid...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page