mamas in SLO county? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-24-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We just moved back to san luis obispo after being away for several years, and it is so sweet to bring my six-year-old round to play on the same beach playground that I grew up loving. I feel so blessed and nourished by living near the sea again, and all the amazing opportunities and experiences this area has to offer to young families.

We have connected with some wonderful people here; but I'm still looking for some women I can relate to on an organic-on-a-budget, attachment-parenting, earth-wisdom level. I have been inspired as a parent (and as a partner) by Nonviolent Communication (NVC) and also by Waldorf education. I'm a Montessori teacher who has been a stay-at-home mama for 6 years, and I've recently begun work as a doula while I continue my education to become a midwife, a dream I've had since I was young. We did Elimination Communication, and baby signs, and would be happy to talk to anyone with questions. After homeschooling through kindergarten, we decided to become part of the public school community for first grade, and we're all thriving and grateful to be a part of it.

When I lived in berkeley, we belonged to a community meal share where each family would make one meal for all participating families once every two weeks; and in return, they would have a home-cooked organic meal ready and prepared for them to pick up locally every other day! It was awesome and fun and delicious, and we created some incredibly beautiful friendships. Interested in joining one here?

Hope to hear from you soon! Blessings & warmth - 

Jen

User Tag List