Moving to Carlsbad - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-05-2011, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It looks like we will be moving soon to the Carlsbad area. We are currently in Portland, OR (we moved here from LA area 2 yrs ago), and we are excited to go back to California :) I was wondering if there were any other moms from the area on here?

I have three kids, ages 9, 3, and my baby girl was born at home in September. My older two currently go to a wonderful Waldorf school here in Portland, and I've looked into the on in Encinitas, but unfortunately it is full for the grade my son will be going in to next year. Are there any other Waldorf friendly or similar schools in the area (grade schools, not preschools)? 

We are excited to move to the San Diego area and get to know others out there. And most of all- I miss my sun! :)

Amber

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Hi Amber, we are in Ramona, about an hour from where you'll be, but just wanted to say hi! (We may be closer than that depending on exactly where you move to.) I hope you find lots of new friends in Carlsbad.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:57 PM

Hi Amber!

I'm moving to that area at the end of this month! I have a baby girl due in February. My DH will be working in Del Mar, so we're going to be in that area, so pretty close to Carlsbad!

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! We saw lots of great houses in Ramona- it's a nice area!

And Del Mar- that's not too far away at all! Are you moving from Seattle? That's where we *were* going to move, but turns out the San Diego area was meant for us instead :) We are going to move in June, so our kids don't get disrupted in the middle of the school year. 

User Tag List