CalWorks and Non-vaxed Kids - Mothering Forums
California, Nevada > CalWorks and Non-vaxed Kids
mamayogibear's Avatar mamayogibear 07:38 PM 12-20-2011

I have my first meeting with a cal works intake worker in two days. I am a bit nervous since I don't vax my kids and one of the doccuments they said to bring in is their records. The letter also said to bring my car registration (I don't even have the car it's at my ex's) and information on my bank account (I haven't used it in a year and don't have any paperwork for it). I am hoping I don't get denied aid for not having these three documents! Any advice is appreciated.

CrazyCatLady's Avatar CrazyCatLady 03:50 PM 12-21-2011

The vax card is because they want an ID of sorts for the kids.  You can bring in their birth certificates instead. 

If you don't have a car, you don't need the registration.  They count your automobile as income, so if you have a vehicle, that is why you need to bring in the registration. 

I would get something from the bank if I were you.  Even an ATM print out of your balance?  However, If you honestly never use that account or have no access to it, then just tell them that you don't have a bank account.  Because that would be the truth.  Again, they just want to see how much money you currently have.

Hope the appointment goes well for you.

mamayogibear's Avatar mamayogibear 05:56 PM 12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady View Post

The vax card is because they want an ID of sorts for the kids.  You can bring in their birth certificates instead. 

If you don't have a car, you don't need the registration.  They count your automobile as income, so if you have a vehicle, that is why you need to bring in the registration. 

I would get something from the bank if I were you.  Even an ATM print out of your balance?  However, If you honestly never use that account or have no access to it, then just tell them that you don't have a bank account.  Because that would be the truth.  Again, they just want to see how much money you currently have.

Hope the appointment goes well for you.

thanks for the reply:) i have a car registered in my name in another state, i gave it to my ex and although i signed the paperwork he did not send it in and i don't know the vin or plate number to change ownership online... the bank account is pretty much the same story, i opened it and he used it he never let me have the credit card or online account info. thanks for the well wishes, i need them about now!

Up