Worried and Looking for Advice from other local moms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-23-2012, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello All,

I am a 22 yr old mother of 1 (3yr old daughter) with one on the way.  I am currently 22 weeks along with my son.  I am deeply concerned because I recently moved to Nevada from Minnesota.  These last few weeks I have been using marijuana for the purpose of stimulating an appetite because I was finding it difficult to eat anything.  It was suggested by my physician in Minnesota and now that I've quit and been learning more about Nevada laws, I have become riddled with fear of CPS taking my newborn and 3 yr old in July because of my few weeks of use.  It is policy for them to drug test mothers and newborns at birth.  This is a newly established policy a far as my knowledge goes. Even though I have plenty of time til the date of delivery I am still concerned.

I have chosen to join this online community because it is by far the most naturally supportive that I have come across.  I aim to stay in this state because we moved here to get away from emotional turmoil back in Minnesota.  My daughter and I recently lost her father and I am trying to create a fresh start for us after this tragedy.  I don't know what to do, what is legal, or anything when it comes to this state I have only been here a few weeks and we are currently staying with my father and step mother.  I would really appreciate any feedback that could help me with this situation...I do not need to be criticized for the mistake I have made because I understand what I have done and am already being hard on myself as it is. I am open to any suggestions,even midwifes and a home birth if they are legal here.  I had my daughter naturally and plan for this one to be a natural childbirth a well o that aspect does not scare me...is anyone out there?

#2 of 2 Old 03-27-2012, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sure about the laws there in Nevada, but there is absolutely no need for concern about a delivery day drug test.  The marijuana will definitely be out of your system by then.  In fact I have heard about some people using marijuana during labor for pain instead of traditional pain medications.  You have enough to worry about without stressing about unnecessary things.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page