Tongue Tie Help, ASAP, in Los Angeles! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-10-2012, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A friend has a 6week old babe who is losing weight and suspected posterior tongue tie with no help from pediatrician except recommending a visit to an ENT. I would love to get my friend a good resource for having the possible TT diagnosed. With the baby losing weight, it's imperative she be seen soon! She has all the signs and really needs to be looked at by someone who knows what they're doing.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-14-2012, 08:20 PM

I can't help with your area, but we ended up emailing pictures of my dd's tongue to this expert in NY- Catherine Genna Watson, or rather, my LC did. That's how we diagnosed dd's posterior tt. Then I called a ton of peds, ENTs and dentists and none of them would clip it without GA. I finally called my dentist, and he referred me to his oral surgeon, and though he had never clipped a newborn (he did older kids) nor had he heard of posterior, he was willing to do it for us. Hope this helps your friend, it was an amazing change for my dd!

Mama to my little social butterfly 6/13/09

#3 of 4 Old 05-22-2012, 11:49 AM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Maybe call the Pump Station? They might be able to recommend someone.

#4 of 4 Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 PM

Not from your area but saw tongue tie (my DS had it)... Have you seen the Tongue and Lip Tie FAQ stickie?

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/833815/tongue-and-lip-tie-faq/40

It's an older thread, but people have left stories about doctors that were able to help with diagnosing/revising tongue ties, including posterior. On page 3, there is someone who talks about a doctor in Colton CA (not sure how close this is to LA) who uses a laser to revise ties, no bleeding. If you are looking for diagnosis, there are some lactation consultants who know a lot about this. As the PP mentioned Catherine Watson-Genna (who is in NYand I saw) might be able to help if your friend can email a picture of inside the baby's mouth and tongue (I know, not easy!). She told me she works with people from far away and she may also know of doctors in your area who can help.

Mom to DS born 6/09 and DS2 born 6/12

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page