Are there any doctors in the orange county ca area that are okay with not vaccinating - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 4.5 month old son who is not vaccinated. I was going to a local doctor in Brea who was okay with that, but then my insurance changed. Now I have to find another doctor who is also okay with it. We went to one but he spent majority of the visit explaining why we need to vaccinate and didn't tell me much else about how my son was doing (health,developmental, etc). I don't want to pay all these co-pays interviewing each doctor in the area until I find one who is okay with our decision (we know the risks and we feel the benefits outway the risks).

Is there a mom out there that knows of a doctor who would be okay with no vaccines? Thank you for your help!!! Our insurance is Anthem Blue Cross HMO.

#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

I don't have anyone to suggest but if you do find someone please post it to this document so we can develop this resource page further: http://www.mothering.com/community/a/vaccine-flexible-pediatricians That would be really helpful! Thanks!

#3 of 4 Old 07-25-2012, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Pam Middleton MD although I do not think she accepts insurance.

Desiree

#4 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yup, Dr. Pam Middleton is great. But she doesn't accept insurance, although she will give you the receipt and then you can bill your insurance yourself. I took my unvaccinated home birthed daughter to her from when she was a newborn all the way until she was 2 years old, but then we moved about a 100 miles away now, so don't go there anymore.

Traditional & nutrient-dense foods/Weston A. Price Foundation advocate, Reiki II practitioner, EFT practitioner, past life & life between lives Hypnotherapist practitioner. Home birth with DD 2007 = never vaccinated, breastfed 3 years

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page