VBA2C in Northern California - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-04-2012, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm new to the group. I found it while researching VBA2C friendly hospitals/doctors in the area. I have a few leads, but am really wanting to hear from personal experience, more than taking a doctor's word. A little history....my first two pregnancies with my own children, I delivered vaginally. The third was a surrogacy and I developed pre-e and she had to be urgenly delivered. The fourth was another surrogacy, and was a VBAC. The fifth, also a surrogacy, ended in repeat section (after laboring all day on low pit) because there was a fibroid (which was removed during the surgery) blocking my cervix, so the baby could not descend. The fact that I have three prior vaginals, one of which was a VBAC, I would *think* would make me a good candidate. But I am not sure I trust my doctor to stick to his word to the end, and I'm pretty sure his associates would perform a repeat section, should I go into labor while they're on duty. Anyone in the Northern California area have any experience with VBA2C??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering! I'm assuming you've found our VBAC forum? You should get lots of info and support there. 

Anyone in or from Northern California have VBAC info to share?

Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Northern California is really big. Any particular part?

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in Stockton, but willing to travel, within reason. My previous OB (the one I VBAC'ed and had the subsequent section with) is in Modesto. I'm considering going to Alta Bates in the bay area, but would love some input...as I don't know anyone personally who has delivered there. There is also a group in in Elk Grove called Healthcare For Women, which I was referred to by ICAN...but again, that is all second-hand information. I've not actually spoken to anyone who has successfully VBA2C's with them!

User Tag List