Midwife or OBGYN in the South Bay - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-12-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a midwife or OBGYN in the South Bay area (around Mountain View) who will provide me with excellent care that is personalized, not rushed and low intervention. Ideally, I would like to deliver at a hospital, not at home or in a separate birthing center, but I still want to have the kind of birth that I might expect if I were home. I want to be able to move freely during my labor, keep my baby with me, and be supported physically and mentally. 

Please let me know if you can suggest any care providers near me. Also, if you have any experience with Altos Oaks Medical Group or El Camino Hospital in Mountain view, please let me know what your experience was like.

I'm new to the area, so thank you in advance for helping me to get connected with the right resources!

#2 of 5 Old 07-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Just thought I'd bump your post up. smile.gif

Anyone have a recommendation to offer?

#3 of 5 Old 07-24-2012, 04:03 PM

Dr Denise Ishimaru is excellent!!  She is very caring and patient and actually respects the whole birthing process.  Good luck!!

#4 of 5 Old 08-08-2012, 12:01 PM

Lin Lee, Olga LIbova, Bethany Monte! They are fantastic. They used to practice at Altos Oaks, but now they practice at Bay Area Maternity. I saw all of them for my first pregnancy, and Lin delivered my daughter. EXCELLENT practice, wonderful delivery with no epidural. My blood pressure spiked during labor, and Lin was able to get it down without magnesium sulfate, which has some not so great side effects. Highly, highly recommend. They are in Cupertino, and deliver at El Camino Hospital, Los Gatos. Happy to answer any questions about my experience, so feel free to message me!

#5 of 5 Old 08-08-2012, 11:30 PM

We really liked the midwives at Altos Oaks (now, as the previous poster says, in Los Gatos). Also liked Dr. Schuftan, who is up in Redwood City.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page