Midwives in SF bay area who do IUI's; also 1 vs 2 IUI's per cycle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My partner and I are trying to decide between a few midwives in the SF Bay Area to do IUI's for us. We live in the South Bay. Does anyone have experience working with Sara Flores (who would do it at her office at Sacred Birth Place in Oakland because we live too far for her to travel), Michelle Edgar/At Home Fertility or Michelle Borok/Take Root (both of whom would come to our home for an extra fee), or have someone else you can recommend? Sara Flores charges about a third of the price of the other two, even after you subtract the others' travel fee. I haven't been able to find many reviews of their services online. Also, if you have any research or personal experience with doing 1 IUI versus 2 per cycle with frozen sperm, that would be great. Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM

I have known Michelle Edgar for 10 years and I cannot recommend her highly enough! 

(I have Kaiser, so I did fresh sperm inseminations, one IUI per cycle, I am pregnant now, not sure how that will help, but there it is!)

#3 of 3 Old 09-04-2012, 12:55 PM

Michelle Edgar was my midwife when I had my son last September.  She's wonderful.  I don't know anything about her fertility practice because we only hired her as a midwife, but as a person and homebirth midwife, I recommend her highly.

Heather

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page