San Diego Lego Land Homeschool Discount Oct. 22? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Legoland has changed their homeschool discount to groups of 10 or more. We live in Tucson and had hoped to take our kids to Legoland on Oct. 22.

By chance are any other homeschoolers going that day so we can all get the discount price? This is our anniversary trip so our intent is to explore the park with just us and the kids, we simply need to go to the front gate with others so we can get the discount.

I figure this is a long shot, but you never know...

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#2 of 9 Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you found someone to get the homeschool discount yet?  That was our plan too.  How many is your group?  We have 6.  If you are still looking, let us know and maybe we can make a gate time.

Shawna

#3 of 9 Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM

I have a group of 3 if anybody is still going.
Please let me know.
#4 of 9 Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM

We are planning to be at Legoland Oct 22.  We are a family of 5 from Phoenix.

Are you still going?

Thanks,

Kim

#5 of 9 Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

We just found out our dog has a very aggressive cancer. In fact, the vet recommended we not invest in more than a week's worth of pain medication at a time. So, we don't know how long he has. It seems unkind to him that we leave town with the possibility he could get acutely sick while we're gone. Right now he is perfectly happy--he is eating well, isn't grouchy, and enjoys wandering around our property.

So, we don't anticipate going to California. Should he die really soon perhaps we would. It seems like a good idea that everyone who is possibly interested in going should register now in case a trip happens. I haven't looked at the registration form. I'm guessing they want everyone's name. I am happy to turn in a group registration if folks want and email it to each family that is going.

Anyone want me to do that? If so, pm me your names.

Created an instant family (7/89 and 5/91) in 1997. Made a baby boy 12/05 adopted a baby girl 8/08. Ask me about tandem adoptive nursing. Now living as gluten, dairy, cane sugar, and tomato free vegetarians. Homeschooling and loving it.

#6 of 9 Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM

I am so sorry for your family. That sounds heartbreaking. Of course you won't go.

We have changed our trip to Oct 29 so that our boys can take a friend. Now I have to find 4 others to meet there.

We have been going to Legoland for six years now and I'm frustrated that LL would make this policy change. It's very difficult for us.

Thanks for trying to organize this.

Kim
#7 of 9 Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM

I just talked to the Legoland education department and they do not offer discounts to homeschoolers outside of CA. If you want the homeschool discount now, you'll have to find a CA group willing to take you.

We've been doing this for years and this is very frustrating.

Kim
#8 of 9 Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 AM

Hello.

Thought I'd let anyone know if they are going to Legoland on Oct. 22, and want to meet up for the homeschool discount at the gate, my little group of 6 will be there.  I have applied for the homeschool discount and signed up with a number of 10 in my party.  (This is including my husband and myself).  If we do not have the ten, we will just have to bite the bullet and enter under full price, but if this can help anyone else who may not have the whole group of ten, please let us know and we can make arrangements.

Thanks.

Shawna

#9 of 9 Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 AM

We are homeschoolers moving out of S. CA. soon and would like to go to Legoland before we leave. We can go on the 22nd or 29th. I'll have my two boys and myself in our group. Anyone still going from the previous posts who we can join up with?  shrug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page