Midwife needed Tracy, ca - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-23-2012, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thinking of having a baby and I'm nervous because of my first pregnancy going so bad. I wanted a midwife to talk about everything before me and my husband begin to try to have one together. We want to be safe and I had a c section and now I'd rather natural. I had too many complications with the c section and fear the out come being alot worse this time. Can anyone help with finding a very sweet kind patient midwife that will listen ?????
#2 of 3 Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM

Hi neighbor!  I'm in Mtn. House.  Are you looking for a homebirth midwife?  If so, try Lucinda Johnston-Chiszar (http://www.bigvalleymidwives.com).  She's in Modesto, but she comes to Tracy.  Jessica Johnson does too (she's also in Modesto). I know Beah Haber comes to Mtn. House, but I don't know if she attends births in Tracy (she's in Livermore).  Mason Cornelius will do births in Tracy, but generally you have to go to her office for prenatal and postnatal appts (she lives in Dublin, but the office is in Danville).

Me - Historian, doula, lactivist, crafty chick, wife, and very, very busy mama

#3 of 3 Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 AM

I strongly suggest that you not use Jessica Johnson.  Jessica was my midwife for two weeks.  I paid my deposit and was then diagnosed with breast cancer at 11 weeks pregnant.  I needed to have an immediate mastectomy and start chemo.  This meant I needed to move to So. California with my 3 children to get help from my family.  I explained this to Jessica and she agreed to accept payment of half of the deposit and then refund the remainder of the deposit, due to the extenuating circumstances.  Months went by and I didn't receive the refund. I called her and she said that because she billed my insurance (and that caused extra work) she was no longer willing to refund half of the deposit.  I paid her a $600 deposit. At that time she agreed to bill my insurance.  I had one medical visit and several phone calls.  She billed the ins. co. $425 and they paid $382.  She refused to refund my deposit in the end.  She couldn't even legally bill the ins comp for the full $600. If she can treat a pregnant cancer patient this way, she is not trustworthy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page