Crunchy Pediatrician in Marin? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-06-2012, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just moved to Marin County and I'm looking for a crunchy or at least non/selective-vax-friendly pediatrician for my guys. I've heard of Pediatric Alternatives, but, honestly, the $900 membership fee is just too steep for me. Any other good options? TIA.

#2 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 08:29 AM

Welcome to Marin!

I don't have any great suggestions. We have Kaiser in San Rafael. Our doc is not exactly crunchy, but has been great with our selective/delayed vax schedule. However, lately when I've taken her in for her one-at-a-time selected shots at a nurse visit, the nurse has been pushy. Not sure I'd recommend it.

The crunchiest area of Marin is probably Fairfax-San Anselmo. Maybe you could find a pedi practicing over there, or even try asking other moms at Peri Park?

Good luck!

#3 of 4 Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM

I haven't actually used them, since we don't live in Marin, but I have heard that Pediatric Alternatives is good. They are in Mill Valley.

http://www.pediatricalternatives.com/main_page.html

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#4 of 4 Old 11-03-2012, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi,
Don't know where in Marin you are, but Dr. Anna O'Malley MD is an amazing family practice doctor!
She works at the West Marin Coastal Health Alliance in Bolinas and Stinsion Beach.
Also if you are new to this area check out joining Marin Alternative Mothers Group. I love the mama's ive meet here and we have great paygroups and family get togethers. They also have a online forum perfect for questions like this one smile.gif.
-Nicole

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page