Hi Ladies- Info on Detrah Hele-Fresno Midwife - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-18-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ladies I am new to this site and I joined by the recommendation that I could get more information from ladies who have used these midwives. We are currently 6 weeks pregnant and want to have another homebirth but we have moved away from our midwives who delivered our 3rd child. We did go to meet the midwife and I am not sure how I felt about it to be honest maybe it was hormones because this is such a surprise pregnancy I am not sure. So we are looking at Detrah Hele and Chanah Cossman. I cant find much information on either online so I am hoping you ladies have more information. Has anyone used them? Do you know anyone who have used them that can help us out with our decision? I am so torn right now and thats not like me. Thanks so much for your help! 

#2 of 7 Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post. bump.gifAnyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 7 Old 10-22-2012, 02:46 PM

You could call them and ask for references. Speak to some past clients ect.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#4 of 7 Old 10-23-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies. I will do that. 

#5 of 7 Old 11-10-2012, 05:03 PM

Hi, I just saw your post. I live in Fresno and used Detrah as my midwife for my second son. I loved her and would not hesitate to use her again. My last two births were in the hospital because of price and other things. She was wonderful, kind, gentle and very reliable. Good luck On your decision. I hope you have come to peace with whatever you decide.
#6 of 7 Old 12-11-2012, 06:38 PM

You may have made your decision by now, but we used to live in Fresno and we met with Detrah Hele, went unassisted but we liked her, she was gentle and kind, also was helpful with getting a birth certificate too.
#7 of 7 Old 12-17-2012, 03:58 PM

I used Detrah for my second son's birth just last year and she was awesome!  I would not hesitate to hire her again if we have any more children. 

~Erica~ Married to the love of my life ~ Mama to Nickolas jog.gif6/14/09 and Alexander 8/4/11 and Aiden brokenheart.gifgone too soon at 14 weeks~    

fly-by-nursing1.gifselectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page