California Moms: Please please vote to label GMO's!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are talking about corn that has the insectide inside the kernel.

Please don't fall for all the negative advertising put out there by the big chemical companies. This is a vote for simply labeling food products that contain genetically modified ingredients. We have the right to know what we are eating--it is that simple.

Over 60 other countries require labels to be put on foods with GMO's--shouldn't we American consumers have the same right to information?

By the way, your food bill will not increase, as evidenced by the tens of other countries that require labeling and did not experience a rise in food costs. We are talking about a single line of ink on food packaging! Nothing more, nothing less!

If you really think Monsanto gives a damn about your food bill, or the environment, think again. They are concerned that some people will start to question what they are eating if there is a GMO label on it, and rightfully so. The safety data is lacking on GMO's in our food supply.

Eat them or don't eat them--it is your choice, but you should have the right to make a choice, which is impossible without an identifying label. Choose and vote wisely, CA mamas!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:33 PM

Location: A state whose Medicaid does not cover circumcision! :)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ah I've been following this very closely and am hoping for the best.  It is not looking good right now http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/maps/ballot-measures/prop/37/  but still hoping for the best :(  Wish I lived there so I could have voted Yes too!!

User Tag List