Frozen breastmilk to give away - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-18-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live in Santa Barbara, Ca and I have a 12 week old baby boy. I am producing a lot more breastmilk than he can eat. I have tons of extra breastmilk I need to give away. I have donated some of my milk to a milk bank already but still have a lot more I can get ride of. I don't want to see it go to waist so anybody who is interested just let me know. Also I am not taking any medication. I had all the test work done for the milk bank so I am in good health. Let me know if anybody is interested.

Thanks, Alayna
#2 of 7 Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 AM

Not sure if you're too far away but this mother was diagnosed with cancer while pregnant and is looking for breastmilk donations. Her baby is due right around this time and she is in orange county.

http://www.babyrabies.com/2012/08/a-warrior-mother-needs-our-help/

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#3 of 7 Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

That is a little far for me to drive with two boys. I can look into see how to ship frozen milk. If it is safe to ship it I would not have a problem with that.
#4 of 7 Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 AM

I hear you, its too far for me to drive from San Diego as well. If shipping works out for you, there's also a mom in my moms group who needs breastmilk due to cancer as well.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
#5 of 7 Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Ok. I will look into it. Hope it doesn't cost to much because I would love to help.
#6 of 7 Old 11-28-2012, 07:56 PM

you could always make some soap with it.  

#7 of 7 Old 12-02-2012, 08:42 PM

I ship frozen milk all the time.  Look up modern milksharing on Facebook. They give great suggestions for how to do it with videos.  If you don't already, start freezing your milk flat.  Makes packaging and shipping so much easier.  Also if you don't want to ship, you can always post on human milk 4 human babies or eats on feets (in your area). There seems to be a shortage of donors lately.  

PS.  Shipping costs are the responsibility of the recipient not you.  You package the milk and bring it to the UPS/FedEx store and call the person.  They give their payment info right over the phone.  It's pretty easy.  Also you should ask for milk storage bags in return.  Most are willing to send them seeing you are doing them such a huge favor.  

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page