thinking of relocating to san diego or south orange county! suggestions! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hey mamas! we are a homeschooling (child lead learning) family with dd #1 almost 6yo and dd #2 is 3yo.  we are vegan/ raw at times, no vax, outdoorsy and looking to move to san diego county or south orange county because dh's job.  any suggestions on areas to look at for homes or rentals and any ideas on homeschooling/unschooling groups. 

nothing is for sure yet, but it keeps coming up and i would love to get a head's up on the scoop for out there.  we live in new england now and it would surely be a big change.  oddly enough we are headed out that way for vacation in a few days. 

be well mamas and can't wait to here what is happening out there.

mama to cecilia and rosa with 1 old:
#2 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 04:25 PM

Hi!

I am interested in hearing about homeschooling groups down there too! We currently live in Oregon and may move down to Laguna Hills this Fall to be closer to family. Our kids are 10, 8, 5 and almost 3.

:)

#3 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Hi!

I am interested in hearing about homeschooling groups down there too! We currently live in Oregon and may move down to Laguna Hills this Fall to be closer to family. Our kids are 10, 8, 5 and almost 3.

#4 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Hi!

#5 of 7 Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM

Oops - I thought my key was stuck, so I pressed it too many times. Moderator, sorry about my identical posts!! Thanks for deleting them!

#6 of 7 Old 05-01-2014, 11:21 AM

This post is from a while ago but I found it while looking for the same info.

We may be relocating from Tucson to somewhere around Newport Beach for DH's job. We are a pretty alternative FAM and I am feeling scared of ending up in the den of the lion, so to speak. I would love to find info on schools, good neighborhoods/communities to check out, etc.

@phytoangelor @mamaonthefarm - any good insights to share? Anyone else out there able to provide insights?

Proud Mama to West - a delightful 3 yr old who loves to blowkiss.gif and  familybed1.gif.  Excited for a new little bean in late April 2013!

#7 of 7 Old 05-02-2014, 11:27 AM

Hi! We never ended up moving afterall. I will let you know if I find some resources. Wishing you the best!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page