Family law help please!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone in the bat area have a family law attorney they could recommend? I am opening a custody case for my 3 month old son and want an attorney that will advocate how important it is for my son to stay with me and keep breast feeding.
Any advice is welcome!
#2 of 6 Old 03-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Mermaid-

Sorry for all your troubles- my friend just went through a pretty bad divorce as well here in Socal. The only divorce lawyer I know of in Northern California is this girl http://www.aeschlemanlaw.com  but I don't know anything about her as far as how good she is or what not but she's located in San Jose so a bit out from the city. 

From what I've seen, its really hard to come by any family law/divorce attorneys that win the kind of rewards and recognition that personal injury lawyers can. The few that are really well known...charge pretty crazy fees. And they dont usually do the whole contingency fee thing either. The only divorce lawyer I know personally works here in the San Diego, Orange County area duh.gif

I know that wasn't much help and i'm sorry :[ I'd check AVVO as well their attorney directory is pretty extensive

As far as advice:

Usually the way to win the custody battle is to show that it is in the child's BEST interest to stay with you. If staying with the other parent would require some kind of compromise in the child's life, then the courts will normally side with you. Also try to show that you're open to communication with the father- the courts dont like granting custody to parents who are just always looking for a fight. I'm honestly a bit disgusted that they would force the child to wean- there is NOTHING like a woman's breast milk. Formula can not compare. I have incredibly weak teeth that can shatter and I think part of it is that I was never breast fed as a child and I plan to raise all my children off my natural milk if I can

Also, when you go to court theyll want you to prove the father is not a competent parent. If there is a history of drug or physical abuse, if he works so much he can not offer the child adequate care, if his house is unsafe for the child etc. it is important that you bring up all these facts in court. 

Best of luck 

hug2.gif    goodvibes.gifstillheart.gif  

#3 of 6 Old 03-11-2013, 08:09 AM

I can recommend http://saundersfamilylaw.com/ - she's here in SF and great.

me (38) + wife (34), one fabulous fur-son.  Newlyweds starting TTC Feb 2013 for our first baby!

#4 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackeke View Post

Mermaid-

Sorry for all your troubles- my friend just went through a pretty bad divorce as well here in Socal. The only divorce lawyer I know of in Northern California is this girl http://www.aeschlemanlaw.com  but I don't know anything about her as far as how good she is or what not but she's located in San Jose so a bit out from the city. 

From what I've seen, its really hard to come by any family law/divorce attorneys that win the kind of rewards and recognition that personal injury lawyers can. The few that are really well known...charge pretty crazy fees. And they dont usually do the whole contingency fee thing either. The only divorce lawyer I know personally works here in the San Diego, Orange County area duh.gif

I know that wasn't much help and i'm sorry :[ I'd check AVVO as well their attorney directory is pretty extensive

As far as advice:
Usually the way to win the custody battle is to show that it is in the child's BEST interest to stay with you. If staying with the other parent would require some kind of compromise in the child's life, then the courts will normally side with you. Also try to show that you're open to communication with the father- the courts dont like granting custody to parents who are just always looking for a fight. I'm honestly a bit disgusted that they would force the child to wean- there is NOTHING like a woman's breast milk. Formula can not compare. I have incredibly weak teeth that can shatter and I think part of it is that I was never breast fed as a child and I plan to raise all my children off my natural milk if I can

Also, when you go to court theyll want you to prove the father is not a competent parent. If there is a history of drug or physical abuse, if he works so much he can not offer the child adequate care, if his house is unsafe for the child etc. it is important that you bring up all these facts in court. 

Best of luck 
#5 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 AM

Hi, i am new here and just browsed.. Saw your comment- is that a lawyer you happen to know personally or is she ( he) real good ? .. I need a consult badly, would you share the info please? Thanks
#6 of 6 Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 AM

Hi, i am new here and just browsed.. Saw your comment- is that a lawyer you happen to know personally or is she ( he) real good ? .. I need a consult badly, would you share the info please? Thanks

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page