Reno/North Valleys; DESPERATE FOR NORMAL COMMUNITY - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have two girls, now 5 and 3. We live on two acres out in Lemmon Valley, we moved here in late fall for my man's job, and since then work and distant family is our only socialization. 

We would love to meet some like-minded families (or maybe single mommas?) who have time for playdates or potentially family dinners. 

He loves cars, motorcycles, gas-guzzling motors, working out, and cowboy-ish activities. 

I love sewing, gardening, and crafting. I also love coffee. I'm finishing school for Small Business, and juggling a whole bunch of projects at home. 

The girls love playing in the dirt and make-believe. 

I hope there are some Reno moms here somewhere!!!

#2 of 3 Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wish I lived in Reno. Be right there for you. As it is, I live on the other side of the mountains by Yosemite. GL in your search.
#3 of 3 Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hmmmm, I'm trying to think if I know of any good groups for you.  I know there are various playgroups and homeschooling coops and such, but nothing really leaps out to me now since my children are older now.  I think it's a good idea to find people who are willing to be friends with your whole family, you know?  Kind of like creating your own extended family. 

Have you checked out this site: http://www.consciouscommunity-reno.org  I'm not sure how active it is.  I used to see their posters around town, but not lately.

Do you follow any particular religious path?  I have friends who are UU who love their church and all the programs, but it's kind of a long drive from the Lemmon Valley area.

Maybe if you sign up for workshops related to gardening or sewing, you might meet some people.  Places like the River School Farm and the Great Basin Community Food Co-op have potlucks. The co op does a seed exchange and has workshops at times.  You can check them out on their website calendar: http://www.greatbasinfood.coop/events/ but I think they update their facebook page more frequently.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page