Moving to Monrovia - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I am an unexpectedly single mama and will be moving to Monrovia this summer with my 5 little ones.I have a house, I am curious about playgroups for toddlers,and  grade school aged kids, crunchy Drs.,daycares and fun things. Thanks!

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Bumping for attention. Anyone in the area? love.gif

Old 04-18-2013, 01:01 AM

I live right borderline with Monrovia - I homeschool so I am networked in well with the community and groups. Email me off list [email protected] (I won't post my personal email online) and I can send you some information for groups in your area. I should compile a list of resources in my area and have it readily available! I will be at Duarte City Movie night this Friday - Free Food and movie. I will be there promoting healthy foods with healthy snacks/foods for families. Hope to connect soon with you!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:26 AM

Hi! I live in Monrovia! I love it here and you'll find it's got a nice little community with a family feel.

Friday farmers markets are really fun and are great time for everyone. I'm part of the holistic moms network in Pasadena that is AMAZING. I've also met quite a few crunchy moms in passing who are babywearing or breastfeeding.

I have a 3yo daughter and am pregnant with #2. She is just getting into play dates-- if you'd like to PM me, we could arrange something or just get together at a park. Monrovia/Arcadia has the LOVELIEST parks.

Good luck with the move and welcome!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 PM

This event is tonight in Duarte - right next to Monrovia!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:30 PM

This Holistic Moms network in Pasadena---is it open to all Moms or just moms with small children?  I am new to Montrose (a little west of Pasadena and sandwiched in between La Crescenta and La Canada.  It sounds like something I might be interested and I have been craving more like-minded support and new friendships. 

I am now an empty nester.  I call it premature empty nest due to the untimely and tragic death last November of my precious teen son Lukas..  ( See my post on the grieving and loss thread).

I did raise three children including Lukas; the other two are young adults and living on their own now.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:44 AM

Oh mama I am sorry for your loss!

I will say most of the members have younger children but some have teenagers. It's really for moms who want to meet other like minded, holistic/natural living families. The ladies there are so wonderful!

I think you'd get on just fine! I grew up in Montrose so I know they area. Such a cute little town. smile.gif

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

User Tag List