Anyone in San Luis Obispo area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-04-2013, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone! My family recently moved to Pismo Beach, CA (just outside of San Luis Obispo) and I was wondering if there are any other families in the area. We have a 3-year old daughter who we are homeschooling this year. Are there are any local groups of like-minded parents? I would love to meet some more people in the community. Hope this leads to some connections!

#2 of 5 Old 08-08-2013, 10:55 PM

There are a lot of like minded folks and groups. Look up Jennifer Stover, she's a doula and LLL leader and so much more. She has lots of info and connections. There's also the SLO Parent Participation program. I'm a new mommy, so I'm just now learning about all of this. Check out the Mary Sage at the Sukha Wellness Center too.
#3 of 5 Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 PM

This thread made me SO sad. I lived in Arroyo Grande and worked in SLO when I was pregnant with my DD and very unfortunately had to move. I miss that area alot and wished we could have made it work. I love love LOVE Pismo. PM me if you want some recs on things to do, restaurants, etc. We explored a good deal of the five cities area. I would have been totally up for play dates since our daughters' are the same age-- but now I'm in Los Angeles. My sister is planning to move to AG/Grover Beach but is a bit less crunchy then I am so she wouldn't know about HSing communities or moms groups.

I've heard the Holistic Moms Network chapter in SLO is active. Go to the website and check them out-- I adore the one in LA!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#4 of 5 Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 PM

Welcome to the community, deenielo! 

norcalmomma had some great suggestions for you. There are also some local fb groups  (SLO Alternative Education and "Whole"istic Mamas and Papas) which would be good places to start, as they are continually posting about family friendly events and gatherings. There is a strong homeschooling population here and I hope you find your spot and settle in with lots of great people!

Best wishes! 

Warmly, 

Hana

#5 of 5 Old 10-12-2013, 03:20 PM

Hi deenielo!

I live in Cayucos, not too far from you! I am pregnant with my first baby, due in December, and even though I have lived in this area for about 12 years I am new to the parenting scene and am also trying to find like-minded families. So far I have had luck with Le Leche League of SLO, and as mentioned the "whole-istic mamas and papas" group on facebook is great and does meet-ups in SLO and near you often... check them out! Also, check out the San Luis Adult School for parent participation type groups, they tend to be a little more mainstream but you may meet some like-minded families there too. Best of luck and I hope to run into you sometime!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page