Shell Beach Elementary, Pismo Beach CA - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-03-2013, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all, 

Anyone have some feedback about Shell Beach Elementary School?  We have an opportunity to move and checking in on the local school.  Both Yelp and Great Schools.com have 5 star ratings so it is worth exploring.  

I've had my kids enrolled in Montessori and also a local elementary in the bay area.  

Thanks in advance for your feedback and please feel free to share any other information about the education in the area. 

Warmly,  Lauren 

#2 of 3 Old 10-06-2013, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

:wLauren! It looks like your post might have been missed, so I wanted to bump it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 10-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Lauren, 

I hope all is going well with your prospective move! I have heard wonderful things about Shell Beach Elementary (both my partner and I grew up in the area, and we now live a few towns north of SB), and a friend of mine teaches there. When we were considering moving to Shell Beach, we were really excited about the school! It has a great local reputation. All that being said, I don't know any families personally whose children have attended there; so it goes with a grain of salt, yes? 

You might like to consider contacting the principal and asking to observe a class in the grade(s) your child(ren) will be entering - I have done that before and it has helped considerably. Even if others do/don't have experiences they can recommend, it often just depends on whether or not the school and/or teacher is a good fit for your family. 

Best wishes!

Warmly,

Hana

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page