Breastfeeding-Friendly Pediatric Dentist in Sonoma County? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, SoCo mamas. Our l.o. just turned 1 and we're looking for a bf-friendly ped dentist, preferably in West County. Any recommendations? We've checked out the website for Dr. Rob Oliver's practice but, while he looks great in many ways, we're obviously put off by statements such as, "Putting a baby to bed for a nap or at night with a bottle other than water can cause serious and rapid tooth decay."

I'm also pretty sure that d.d. has a lip tie (which would explain the latch trouble that she had for the first many months) and it would be great to find a dds who could evaluate for and, if necessary, treat her for this.

Thanks!

treehugger.gif  mama to Junah baby.gif, Shekinacat.gif, Isabelcat.gif,  and Jacksondog2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2014, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

It looks like your post might have been missed so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have a recommendation to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 03-02-2014, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, HappyHappyMommy :)

treehugger.gif  mama to Junah baby.gif, Shekinacat.gif, Isabelcat.gif,  and Jacksondog2.gif

Old 06-23-2014, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm not sure where in sonoma co your are, but if your in Petaluma, or don't mind driving just a bit, you should consider novato pediatric dentist dr. Niedre Banakus. She's in north novato on grant ave so it's not a horrible drive. We had to take dd to have a lot of work done and she was great, I even asked about nursing at nap and night time and she said she didn't think that was the cause of dd's problems. She youngish (not inexperienced, just not old and stodgy) and sweet and I think the kids really like her. Of course they do put videos on for the kids in the waiting room and if they want while they have work done. Just a heads up in case you are screen free.

Jennifer, mama to darling dancing Juliette, and sweet baby Jameson
Old 06-23-2014, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks very much, junipermuse! She sounds like a great option.

User Tag List