Forum Jump: 

#61 of 371 Old 05-02-2007, 03:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiajenn View Post
Hey, I had a good time too!

I can't wait to try the Sunflower Drive-In!
Hey, mamas! I am about 20 minutes away, but wanted to say, enjoy the Sunflower Drive-In. Yummy!!:

Darcy mama to Dillon, Marah and Leo, partner to Jeremy
#62 of 371 Old 05-04-2007, 03:27 AM

Anyone want to get together this Friday or sometime on Saturday?

M
#63 of 371 Old 05-04-2007, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Next weekend would be far better for me. I am about to have my
monthly visitor and it always wipes me out.
#64 of 371 Old 05-04-2007, 04:08 AM

next weekend is Mothers day does anyone want to have a Mothers day get together on Saturday?
#65 of 371 Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 AM

I am so excited to find that there will be AP moms close to Roseville when I move in 2 weeks from Texas. Is this the correct thread for me? I am SAHM, 27, 1 month old and 2 1/2 year old girls. I LOVE being a mom even more than my pre-mom job of a sign language interpreter. Email me: signingspangler@yahoo.com THANKS!
#66 of 371 Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 PM

we wont be able to make it next saturday...my ps kid has a ROTC thing that we are supposed to attend...

will be great to see/meet you all though...

and welcome signingspangler...there is a weekly park day that happens in roseville on fridays that you might be interested in...maybe we will see you there...

peace...

Homeschooling Ama to boys (ages 10 and 6) and my SoldierGirl who is serving in the US Army, StepMom to three crazy teens. I'm married to the love of my life. 

Love is an action word. 

Words have power...use them wisely.

Who you are is just enough.

Molon Labe

#67 of 371 Old 05-05-2007, 01:46 AM

I'm free this Saturday or next Saturday.

Jennifer
#68 of 371 Old 05-06-2007, 05:37 PM

I am curious if there is a yahoo group set up for playdates etc in/near roseville. I am sorry if you have heard from me in multiple places, I am trying to cover all my bases. Thanks! signingspangler@yahoo.com
#69 of 371 Old 05-08-2007, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Yep im pretty close to Roseville, and guess what? I have a working VEHICLE NOW!! heeh but its not registered LOL! ah well...one step at a time,

My montly visitor came, and as predicted completely wiped me out ( have a secondary condition that it flares up ) so pretty soon here ill be ready to go out and socialize! Let me know what you mammas want to do , im in such a good mood right now , i just got some new mamma pads!
#70 of 371 Old 05-08-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeygrrl View Post
there is a weekly park day that happens in roseville on fridays that you might be interested in...maybe we will see you there...
ack..i was wrong...the park day happens every 2nd and 4th fridays, starting at about 11am...its at Royer Park...

maybe we will see others there...

we are headed to East Portal Park (J st and Rodeo area) to hang out with some of our homeschooling friends...we will be there about 11 or so...if you are able to come, look for the big sun...

peace...

Homeschooling Ama to boys (ages 10 and 6) and my SoldierGirl who is serving in the US Army, StepMom to three crazy teens. I'm married to the love of my life. 

Love is an action word. 

Words have power...use them wisely.

Who you are is just enough.

Molon Labe

#71 of 371 Old 05-12-2007, 03:38 AM

Ladies, are we meeting tomorrow? If yes, it can't be early b/c I'll still be in bed. We had a big event at work so I worked 8am-10:30pm today. In fact, I think I'm going to bed right now. ;-)
#72 of 371 Old 05-12-2007, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Not to interfere with any planned meetings, but Whole Earth Festival is in Davis on the UC Davis campus today or tomorrow. Lots of crunchy fun for the whole family. This is me and my kids, and I'll probably be wearing that carrier and be with either one or both most of the time. Feel free to say hi

(Sorry for the short notice - I never think to mention it to any online communities sooner than the day of.)

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#73 of 371 Old 05-15-2007, 11:56 AM

I think we are headed to concert in the park on Friday if anyone wants to meet?

Melissa
#74 of 371 Old 05-15-2007, 03:03 PM

hey mamas
just saying hi. i havent seen a nice long sac thread in a while LOL
hopefully we can meet up soon.
regina
#75 of 371 Old 05-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Hi! I'm new to this site, but looking forward to learning the ropes. I live in the Natomas area of Sacramento. My DH and I are TTC our 1st, with a recent (2 weeks ago) diagnosis of borderline PCOS. I've charted for six months now, with two anovulatory 45+ day cycles, and three ovulatory 35 day cycles.

Great to see you here, Regina!

Lacy

Lacy 35 and Chris 35, DS Jakob 2, and EDD 1/1/11
#76 of 371 Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Anouk, my best friend also has PCOS...its a shame she moved to Washington, i hope she will be back soon. I have been supporting her condition for a long while, and i hope everythig works out for her. We should all set up a day to meet again. I wouldnt mind going into SAC again to make it easier for other mammas. I ll just have my Hubby take me this time :P
#77 of 371 Old 05-15-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briseis_of.Troy View Post
Anouk, my best friend also has PCOS...its a shame she moved to Washington, i hope she will be back soon. I have been supporting her condition for a long while, and i hope everythig works out for her. We should all set up a day to meet again. I wouldnt mind going into SAC again to make it easier for other mammas. I ll just have my Hubby take me this time :P
Oh, wow. I'd love to talk to your friend if she moves back, I'm still trying to research PCOS since it seems to affect more than just TTC. It sounds like you know a lot about it, too, having supported your friend. Roseville isn't too far away to get together, but somewhere in Sac might be more central for others interested. I am available this weekend.

Lacy

#78 of 371 Old 05-15-2007, 07:00 PM

Hi all,
I wanted to join in as another sacramento area mom. I knit with Anouk (Lacy) and Radish (Regina). I am pretty swamped right now as far as get togethers, as I just sold my house and I'm getting ready to move to the east coast for a year for some training. However, I will be here until July and I will be back in Sacramento around May/June of next year. I might be able to work out a get together on a weekend day sometime. Sundays are usually best for us.
#79 of 371 Old 05-15-2007, 07:04 PM

Oh and co-op mama, I live really close to you! I'm in the pocket area now, but the house we just sold was right off of Freeport. We love land Park and we play there pretty frequently.
#80 of 371 Old 05-16-2007, 01:13 AM

Hey Anouk, I live in Natomas.

Co-op mama, we're going on Friday night, too. We should meet up. We were actually at the park this weekend and Morgan was hoping to see your dd again. :-)
#81 of 371 Old 05-16-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiajenn View Post
Hey Anouk, I live in Natomas.

Co-op mama, we're going on Friday night, too. We should meet up. We were actually at the park this weekend and Morgan was hoping to see your dd again. :-)
Oh if your ever there again just call us and we'll come over. Let's meet up at Friday night concert. Maybe we can pick a place and time to meet

Lousli what kind of training are you going to take? Are you coming back next year to stay?
#82 of 371 Old 05-16-2007, 10:39 AM

I'm going to Maryland to take my Association Montessori Internationale training. Then I'm going to come back and teach at my daughter's Montessori school in the Pocket area. So yes, we will be back to stay when we come back.
#83 of 371 Old 05-16-2007, 01:10 PM

That is exciting! Good luck with that

M
#84 of 371 Old 05-16-2007, 06:08 PM

I'm in Sac - near downtown. My parents live in Fair Oaks. Two dogs and a baby girl due in October. Letsee... I am not sure what parenting style we'll end up with, but my husband and I are vegan (veggie since teens, vegan for about 5 years), I'm 34, have a job that I love and will keep - it can be really flexible, but gets super busy and demanding a few times a year for a month or so... It's nice to meet you guys!
#85 of 371 Old 05-16-2007, 11:19 PM

hey lesley and lacy
long time no *see*!
#86 of 371 Old 05-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Hey Regina! Great to *see* you here since we've missed each other at knitting lately! Sorry I didn't see this post until now, had a really busy weekend. Part of the busy-ness was relieving Lesley of a bunch of hand-me-downs - crib, changing table, exersaucer, slings, linens, etc! Moving sucks for her (and me, cause I'll miss her!), but it can have de-stashing-type benefits!

Lacy

#87 of 371 Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Can I jump in?

We're not in Sac yet but hope to move there by end of June/mid July. My name's Christine. We're moving back to California after a year in Chicago (previously we were in SF). For reasons related to finance, weather, and family, we're moving to Sacto (hopefully Midtown or East Sac).

Here's the thing: I'm about a month pg with #2 and am keeping it positive for a VBAC. Anyone here have one and can rec your doc/midwife? Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!
#88 of 371 Old 05-22-2007, 12:33 AM

HI YA'LL! Okay, so I am moving from Texas but I am a native Californian. I have posted before but I am really here now in Roseville. We are awaiting the arrival of the moving truck.

A little about me: I am madly in love with my high school sweetheart, married almost 7 years. I am a former sign language interpreter , a job I loved very much! Then, I became a stay-at-home mom! 2 daughters- 2 1/2 and 6 weeks! I am a breastfeeding (La Leche League leader), co-sleeping, babywearing, AP mom. I will be starting at stay-at-home mom AP playgroup here soon throug meetup.com. Stay tuned for that. If you would like to get together and you live close, shoot me an email.

I am having some serious gas and carseat issues with my 6 week old and I need to get her into a ped, just to get everything checked out. Any recommendations? Please post or email me at: signingspangler@yahoo.com. Of course, I am looking for someone who thinks breastfeeding is normal and where co-sleeping is encouraged. Let me know!

Thanks! Keep posted about the new AP SAHM group to form near Roseville, CA!!
#89 of 371 Old 05-22-2007, 02:33 AM

DH moved up from Sac when we got married almost 2 years ago. Family is still down there, so we visit a couple of times a year. We will be coming down for a couple of weeks in July and I would love to get together with some other MDC moms while DH is working! Coincidentally, we are both sign language interpreters (I'm a SAHM, now, but will interpret again someday when I can get out of the house with a shower and without milk stains on my shirt )!!
We'll be staying part of the time in Roseville, and part of the time in Cool...possibly camping/rafting one weekend on the south fork.
#90 of 371 Old 05-22-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucenamama View Post
Can I jump in?

We're not in Sac yet but hope to move there by end of June/mid July. My name's Christine. We're moving back to California after a year in Chicago (previously we were in SF). For reasons related to finance, weather, and family, we're moving to Sacto (hopefully Midtown or East Sac).

Here's the thing: I'm about a month pg with #2 and am keeping it positive for a VBAC. Anyone here have one and can rec your doc/midwife? Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

I would recommend Birthstream midwifery, my midwife Tosi Marcelline is wonderful and attended our last two children's births. I also know a mama who used her after to VBAC with her second and third children. She has a webpage you can check out www.birthstream.com I think?

Good luck!
M

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page