Fresno/Clovis area Midwives? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any suggestions for Clovis or Fresno area Midwives? My best friend is in need of finding an awesome midwife in the area. TIA!! :

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 
#2 of 4 Old 10-05-2008, 10:31 PM

I had a wonderful experience with Alyson Pielop.

She is located near Clovis Community Hospital, which has a very nice maternity ward. Alyson was really respectful and supportive of my AP choices. Although she presented some more "medicalized" choices to me, she never pushed me to do them. I was fairly high risk (gd, premature labor, bed rest from 26 weeks, and hsv), she worked with me to avoid a CS. Above all, she was really caring and open, which helped so much!

Her office number is 559-297-9500 and the doctor she is connected to is Dan Dourough.

I hope that helps!
#3 of 4 Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 AM

Hi there

I am a former Fresnan and have these suggestions. The text was copied from fresnofamily.com ~~

Marilyn Steinberg: Certified Nurse Midwife & Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Creekside Women's Healthcare
P.O. Box 685, Coarsegold, 93614
559-683-4456 (Mondays & Thursdays only)
**Practicing since 1988**

Jacque (pronounced "Jackie") Moschella: Direct Entry Midwife & Doula
559-312-6586
Email: brthcircle@cs.com
**Practicing since 1973**

Detrah Hele, LM
I am a licensed midwife, labor assistant, and lactation counselor. It is my desire to promote the normalcy of birth and to support the birthing woman in the way and birth setting she feels is best for her and her baby. I will travel to cities in and around the Valley for prenatal, birth, and postpartum care.
Home phone: (559) 221-7579
Cell phone: (559) 285-5343

Chanah Cossman: Certified Nurse-Midwife and Nurse Practitioner
Chinatown Family Medicine and Midwifery Medical Office
829 F Street Fresno, CA 93706
Office: (559) 266-0444
Home: (559) 237-6004 - I prefer calls at home, rather than the office. Evening phone calls are best, or leave a message and I will call you back

I am in private practice with my husband, Dr. Marc Lasher, a general practice physician, so am able to accept Medi-Cal for my home birth services. In our office I do women's health, family planning, pregnancy, and pediatrics. I went into nursing to specifically become a homebirth midwife (one of the few legal avenues back then) and fell into the other specialties along the journey. I have caught babies in both hospital and home settings. Three of my four children were born at home. I am willing to travel if you live out of the immediate Fresno area.
"Practicing since 1991"
#4 of 4 Old 10-22-2008, 04:09 PM

You might check out mothersnaturally dot com too, it's MANA's new outreach website. You can search by zip code or map. Just click on midwives from the main page.
- Jen

Mom of 5 working full-time and waiting to go to nursing school! Whew! I need a nap! joy.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page