Did you flood? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-13-2008, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well - it's raining again.

On the big flood day our pump backed up a bit with a hole in the outgoing tubing so the lanai got good and wet - but the house is okay.

How are the other Hawaii Mamas doing?

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-13-2008, 03:49 AM

We didn't flood, but I'm down by the airport. Our road flooded pretty bad though. Some of the roads are flooding again (Fri night) with this 2nd round of rain. I don't mind the rain, but we need a few days to let it soak in!

I hope your flooding subsides. I have friends at Schofield and lots of them have leaking/flooding. I heard the North Shore really got it!

mama to DD9, coolshine.gif DS7 bouncy.gif and DD1.luxlove.gif

#3 of 6 Old 12-14-2008, 04:55 AM - Thread Starter

I think Schofield got the worst of it, with N. Shore and the West side coming in #2.

I just want the rain to STOP on Monday, I've got to be outside for that morning and I don't want to be rained on!

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#4 of 6 Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 PM

I want the rain to give us a couple of days of sunshine.I am starting to need the Christmas lights like I did in WA.
Our neighborhood in Ewa Beach has been fine but woo the golf courses are golf lakes.Sat we went to a Christmas party and on the way back we were going to take the Kapolei exit to avoid the traffic in our area but changed our minds and it was a good thing because that section of the freeway was flooded we saw later on the news.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

#5 of 6 Old 12-16-2008, 03:25 AM

I'm not there yet, so no, it didn't flood in GA! I just wanted to send warm, (dry) hugs to all of you mommies....
From here even a rainy HI sounds appealing. I suppose I should reserve the right to change my mind once we arrive...
#6 of 6 Old 12-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMommy View Post
We didn't flood, but I'm down by the airport. Our road flooded pretty bad though. Some of the roads are flooding again (Fri night) with this 2nd round of rain. I don't mind the rain, but we need a few days to let it soak in!

I hope your flooding subsides. I have friends at Schofield and lots of them have leaking/flooding. I heard the North Shore really got it!
We got it pretty bad. Our house didn't flood or anything, but I was worried because the water was level with our patio, almost spilling over. Our backyard was a swamp.

We live on Wheeler.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page