DONA Post Partum Doula course, Anchorage. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
April 24,25,26, from 7:30am -6:30pm each day. Tuition will be $450 per person. Group rate (3 or more from group or agency) $400 per person.Pass it on. I will post this on the DONA.org website. You can go to my website: www.northcountydoulas.com for all workshop information.

I've been contacted up here in Fairbanks a couple of times recently by women looking for PP Doulas. I'd love to hear if any of you attend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 03:45 AM

I just wanted to reply to this, so that'll get bumped up to the top of our post list. Hope there are some gals interested, I wish I could go. I'll be taking my CNA state exam on that Friday.

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
Old 04-10-2009, 02:36 AM

$450 ........I wonder...........

This would be great!
Old 04-10-2009, 02:56 AM

Yeah. I recall that DONA's birth doula class was the same price. I like to look at this way: one college class costs about the same and is usually only one of MANY steps toward a degree or certificate. This is one class and voila, so wish I could go! Spread the word, I personally would love to see more postpartum doula's.
:

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
Old 04-10-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isras1 View Post
Yeah. I recall that DONA's birth doula class was the same price. I like to look at this way: one college class costs about the same and is usually only one of MANY steps toward a degree or certificate. This is one class and voila, so wish I could go! Spread the word, I personally would love to see more postpartum doula's.
:
The cost is reasonable, just wish I had more time to gather the funds up.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:24 PM

Do you think I could bring an 8mo along?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 PM

I think it'll depend on the instructor, I've been to classes where BF kiddos were allowed/welcomed but not in others. Your little one would be a good instructional aid for the class, he, he...

Old 04-10-2009, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isras1 View Post
:
Actually the class is only one step towards certification as well. I'm the DONA International State Representative if anyone needs any help. I'd love to see more PP Doulas too!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfrozncavegrl View Post
Do you think I could bring an 8mo along?
It would be up to the Instructor. In general though they are open to babes in arms. At 8 months, baby would need distractions and entertaining. These classes are packed full of information you need so it really hurts if you have to miss even small portions of them to step out so babe doesn't distract others.

User Tag List