ISO HBAC Birth attendants in Southcentral Alaska - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, yeah, I know... its against state law for a state certified midwife to attend me at home in subsequent births after a Cesarean. Blah blah blah. I'm going ahead with my birth at home plans and I want a good team. I have located a traveling midwife who would come stay with me, but I'm investigating other options. If you or someone you know has any ideas for me I'd love to hear them. We're not pregnant yet but we're headed that way. Cheers!

Lisa

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2009, 07:59 PM

Hi Lisa! It was great talking to you the other night. I haven't had a chance to speak with midwife yet as I've been embracing the moments my husband will be here and sorta going through a nesting phase.

I did come across a good VBAC website called vbac facts as I was looking up facts and trying to create a birth plan.

Here's the link not sure if you checked it out or not.

http://vbacfacts.com/

I haven't read the whole story just excerpts hopefully tonight after bedtime I will get a chance but from what I got an amazing story to give you confidence to avoid a hospital.

http://thefeministbreeder.typepad.co...rth-story.html

I came to the realization that the hospital in Soldotna is not as VBAC friendly as they come across to be. Last year they only had 4-5 vbacs out of all the births which I forgot to ask how many births but you can only imagine it was in the hundreds as there's babies everywhere!

TC!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:43 PM

yep, I had my VBAC at the Soldotna hospital. I wouldn't really call them VBAC friendly at all, other than they don't outright 'ban' them. I stayed home for most of my labor and was only at the hospital for 3 hours before my son was born and I still had to deal with nurses attitudes. The doctor was ok, by then. I had already argued with him and basically told him how it was going to be at my prenatals. I also had my doula for support. I doubt things would have worked out so well without her.

My next one I'll be planning a homebirth too.

homeschool.gifmama to two boys 10 & 8vbac.gif

Old 02-18-2009, 05:06 PM

www.cafemom.com/group/1540
is a VBAC support group we run. It might help in more ways then one.

I personally would UBAC but that is easy for me to say since I have already done that.

Good Luck

User Tag List