Full Circle Farm - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-16-2009, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post
I pre-paid for 10 boxes from FCF. A hold on the account after 7. For two boxes in a row I didn't get extra produce I selected and paid beyond the regular price or they just didn't include produce they said was in the box (with no substitution). I emailed them and they said it happens - they'll make up for it next week. The next week - the box didn't have the replacement produce and was missing new stuff as well. I emailed again to complain and as for an explanation. I stated that if there wasn't a reasonable explanation I couldn't continue buying their produce. They said "It happens" and froze the account. No apology. No information on re-activating the account. When I inquired they said they don't issue refunds for un-used prepaid boxes. I was less than pleased. I don't know when I'll order my remaining 3 boxes.

I now use Wolf Lake Wellness & Glacier Valley Farms. I've been very happy with GVF.
Wow! That sucks! The customer service I got with my box from GVFs was so awesome! I'm sorry FC was not helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post

I now use Wolf Lake Wellness & Glacier Valley Farms. I've been very happy with GVF.
We love WLW! Have not tried GVF, but have heard lots of good stuff about them.
Plus, they are truly local, unlike FCF, of whom we were not impressed with either
Ludie and I are actually working on lots of fun things for this summer, for the co-op!
Maybe we will meet IRL sometime!
Paula

Paula, wife to Steve, mother hen to 38 , busy doing : TTC after 6
Old 05-16-2009, 03:44 PM

Wolf Lake Wellness is awesome. It's definitely worth checking out if you want large quantities of organic quality produce- or want to order through Azure Standard or Frontier or (likely coming soon) Mountain Rose Herbs.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaJoAnne View Post
We got one box from them, and cancled the next day.
$50 dollars for a rather small amount of poor quality veges and fruit. considered to be enough for two people for one week.
Ditto for me, I stuck with it for a few weeks but the quality and quantity was really poor.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashaccat View Post
Ditto for me, I stuck with it for a few weeks but the quality and quantity was really poor.
We cancelled with FCF after a very disappointing box. We had to throw everything but the cherry tomatoes and 1 zucchini away. I emailed to complain and cancel and they just said "oh, sorry, it happens." I'm sorry, but $50 is alot for us and those are some very expensive tomatoes!

CPST & mom

Old 07-16-2009, 09:48 PM

subbing!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:46 AM

We enjoyed FCF last spring/summer, but around October/November, the boxes started... um, lacking... It seemed like less produce overall, and I was making my full 5 substitutions every week, since the regular offerings weren't things we like. When I would make a substitution, half the time it wouldn't be included and/or the subbed items would be overripe to nearly spoiled the day we got the box. I complained three weeks in a row over different errors/issues, until we finally canceled.

This summer, we're eating out of the garden and farmer's markets. I plan to can and freeze as much as possible, and see how long we can make our root veggies last.

Thanks for the info on glacier valley and wlw!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:23 AM

We still get their boxes. Well the last month I've canceled each week because we really didn't need a box between our garden, the farmers market, and Freddies. I have had problems with my boxes but I've complained until they get it right. I have heard that Freddies is going to be offering more organics once their remodel is done.

Becky
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartmommyak View Post
I have heard that Freddies is going to be offering more organics once their remodel is done.
Which store are you talking about?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 PM

Fred Meyers in Wasilla

Becky
Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 AM

Thank you for the additional info, I have family in Eagle River and Palmer. Will definitely let them know! I just left a comment with CSA, that was a good suggestion to do so....

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)

User Tag List