Mom Groups in Anchorage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2009, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just wondering what mother groups are out there in Anchorage? I know of the groups affiliated with Providence and others that have a fee, but was curious about others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 03:38 PM

none that I know of.
But my kids are older...................

::
Old 08-10-2009, 12:27 AM

There is an Anchorage AP yahoo group. It hasn't been as active as it has been in the past but there used to be weekly playgroups and there would probably be interest if you put a playgroup up. My place is small but I considering hosting in the winter. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AnchorageAP/

The LLL has two monthly meetings a pm one on the first Friday of the month and a 10-12 moms cafe on either the 2 or 3rd Tuesday of the month. The cuddlers and cruisers groups affliated with providence are actually pretty good. Not all the moms were APish types but there definately were some and Jen the moderator gives pretty decent advice. There is also a hiking group that meets every Tuesday in the summer that I am joined to. There are a lot of friendly moms and dads that go to that. You can email Jen from cuddlers for more info on the hiking group or just pm me and I'll send you the coordinaters email address.

I think there is also a natural birthing type group on yahoo and facebook.

Dianna environmentally educated tree hugging mom of dd 9/06 and ds 10/08 newbie dd 9/10
Old 08-11-2009, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

I do go to the cruisers group and it is wonderful. They meet on Tuesdays so I couldn't attend the hiking group this summer. I tried to go to two different LLL meetings and the leaders cancelled. Oh well! Thanks for the info!

User Tag List